schmitty

schmitty

Hello,

I have a few ideas for enhancements to the Live TV system.

1. 1 Support for more headers in m3u files... eg.
  • live (1/0) - disable/enable live stream flag, so play and seek controls can be enabled or disabled
  • tvg-group - to set network/studio group of radio and tv streams for easier grouping
  • tvg-url - so xmltv guide data can be bound directly to a channel or m3u file, bypassing the built-in gui method
  • #bg-color and #bg-size - to alter the background color and size of the channel tile
  • metadata display - eg. jQuery Stream, embedded m3u/8 comment, Icy-Metadata, Icecast CORS/ACAO headers. I have a ttached an m3u file which I tried to directly add as m3u tuner, but the server would not load it properly, possibly because it is one stream with multiple chunks ( also has metadata)... it can be called from another m3u tuner though. https://wz3web.scahw.com.au/live/3sea_32.stream/playlist.m3u8?listeningSessionID=5bdda753c87a2e78_303254_9A8QlPM3__00000001t29&downloadSessionID=0
    #EXTM3U
    #EXT-X-VERSION:3
    #EXT-X-TARGETDURATION:6
    #EXT-X-MEDIA-SEQUENCE:40
    #EXTINF:5.015,Lukas Graham - Love Someone
    fRjAPQ6Q9DEp-308311271-5015.aac
    #EXTINF:4.969,Lukas Graham - Love Someone
    lR52ZCSwo0Yp-308311272-4969.aac
    #EXTINF:5.015,Lukas Graham - Love Someone
    j6TateebXsLp-308311273-5015.aac

• tv (0/1) - enable/disable tv (must specify either radio or audio-only options if set to 0)
  • radio (true) - enable radio-specific stream with rich metadata (only use if tv=0, can not be used with audio-only)
  • audio-only (true) - enable audio only stream without rich metadata (only use if tv=0, can not be used with radio)
  1. 2 Add support for Icecast streams/tuners
  • Like 1

schmitty

Ok. For just the numbered points, or each dot point too?

Edited by schmitty

• 3 weeks later...
schmitty
  • 2 years later...
quickmic

Not sure if it's already added to Emby server.

I'm also trying to tag radio/audio only streams (M3U) in some way.

So far, no success.

/LiveTv/Channels query always returns "MediaType":"Video"

Edited by quickmic

3 hours ago, quickmic said:

So far, no success.

Hi, How are you trying to do this?

Edited by cayars

7 hours ago, quickmic said:

So far, no success.

Right now this is normal. The server doesn't know up front what media type the stream is.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Right now this is normal. The server doesn't know up front what media type the stream is.

I understand, unfortunately m3u is not officially specified. Kodi uses a flag in the "EXTINF" section. Probably Emby server could adopt it?

Video:

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="b3e003f90001ef77" tvg-name="SIXX HD" tvg-logo="/opt/tv-logos/SIXX HD.png" group-title="Commercial",SIXX HD
https://MYDVR/stream/id=b3e003f90001ef77

Radio:

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="c5b0045700011efb" tvg-name="RTL RADIO (radio)" tvg-logo="/opt/tv-logos/RTL RADIO.png"                 radio="true"                            group-title="[E019.2] SES Astra",RTL RADIO
https://MYDVR/stream/id=c5b0045700011efb

quickmic
4 hours ago, cayars said:

Hi, How are you trying to do this?

I'v tried via "fake" extension in the stream URL like "https://MYDVR/stream/id=c5b0045700011efb?fake.mp3"

@schmitty example was:

fRjAPQ6Q9DEp-308311271-5015.aac

Also I tried (as mentioned above) several flags in the EXTINF section.

I think would be a possible to detect content via URL/PATH extension (more reliable due to lag of a standard, but most broadcasters uses m3u8/hls -> no content detection possible without sophisticated analysis) and additionally via flag support. -> fallback would be video

flag kodi uses in EXTINF:

radio="true"

@schmitty mentioned:

tv=0/1

both should be easy to adopt.

Edited by quickmic

The "group" in the m3u becomes a tag in Live TV so can use the group feature in the m3u to do this if I understand your situation correctly.

quickmic
10 hours ago, cayars said:

The "group" in the m3u becomes a tag in Live TV so can use the group feature in the m3u to do this if I understand your situation correctly.

Yes, possible. Currently I use a channelname extension as radio content indicator.

I'm not familiar with that, what does channelname extension do?

quickmic

Let me start from scratch. Probably you know, I'm the developer of emby for kodi. The question asked are all about "syncing" LiveTV content from Emby server to Kodi.

Kodi has per default two sorts of livetv content -> Radio and TV. So my code needs to know, what's what to feed Kodi with proper information.

As radio content is not tagged by Emby I use workarounds. My current workaround is: If a channelname is labeled like "My Radio broadcaster channelname (radio)" it detects Radio content.

Sure I can rape "group" as indication as well (losing the actual grouping functionality for Radio broadcasters).

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that.  Totally different situation than what I was thinking!
I'll back out and let the devs give you the info you're looking for. :)

• Thanks 1

Right now all channels are assumed to be video. If they end up being audio-only, they'll play fine in Emby and will just be displayed in a video player context. It is possible to improve this, but that's how they are as of today.

• Like 1

quickmic
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Right now all channels are assumed to be video. If they end up being audio-only, they'll play fine in Emby and will just be displayed in a video player context. It is possible to improve this, but that's how they are as of today.

Yes I know, therefore I use workarounds for content detection. It's not an urgent matter but probably there is room for improvement.

Edited by quickmic

emveepee

From the NextPVR addon I set  MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.ChannelType  to the enum ChannelType.Radio or ChannelType.TV.  Would that be exposed?

Martin

Edited by emveepee

Just now, emveepee said:

From the NextPVR addon I set  MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.ChannelType  to the enum ChannelType.Radio or ChannelType.TV.  Would that be exposed?

Martin

It's a good practice that you're setting it, but currently it's not used.

• 2 years later...

@schmitty

Support for tvg-url and url-tvg is in Emby Server 4.8.3+: