Syncing music videos

PoBear

I'm using the Kodi Add-on repository 2.5.10

I'm having problems with syncing music videos.

When I first set up my system I disabled music and thought this would also disable music videos, especially as there was no shortcut to the Emby Music Video library available. so I created my own link directly from Kodi to my music video library but found that I was getting duplicate entries, one from Emby and one from Kodi

So I removed the Kodi link and started syncing music as well, but Kodi is still doing a lookup for each music file so I am getting duplicate entries for some of the videos where the metadata is not exactly the same. I thought that Kodi would now take the metadata from Emby only.

Thanks for any help.

Angelblue05

I have no idea what version you are running, you have to check the addon itself. Also, this is happening because the source probably still exists? You have to remove from Kodi and remove it's content.

I have no idea what version you are running, you have to check the addon itself. 

I did. that's where I got the 2.5.10 from.

When I deleted the Kodi source it prompted me to delete the associated content which I did.

The Kodi lookup is definitely being done on information from Emby as I have tracked a new music video through from Emby to Kodi!

Edited by PoBear

Angelblue05

There is no such version for the addon or emby repository. :)

Open the addon settings > advanced > reset the local database. You can keep your settings. Then, install the repo 1.0.5 here:

http://kodi.emby.media/repository.beta.emby.kodi-1.0.5.zip

Then install from repository > video add-ons > emby for kodi.

Let me know from there.

Angelblue05

ok then, you are using the stable version. you could also use the beta version if you want. It will allow you to select which library to sync. You'll need to reset your local database to fix this. I will add a message when setting up about sources moving forward.

Angelblue05

Did you resync your libraries? Launch the addon > add libraries, if you are unsure.

Edited by Angelblue05

It had deleted the libraries to include, I've set them up again and done a sync and teh content is there but my skin is producing error messages all over the place and whenever I go into a library it;s asking what I want to looka at.

• Like 1

My skin has got corrupted and I can't access anything in Kodi all I have is a blank window, going to haveto re-install from scratch

Angelblue05

I am sorry for the inconvenience, this is a first I hear of a result like this. Resetting database is pretty standard, is it possible for you to reset the shortcuts without starting from scratch? Which skin are you using?

I tried installing 1.05 twice with the Titan skin selected and on both occasions as soon as I returned to the main menu I started getting SkinHelper errors. 

On the first occasion, I put it down to losing the Libraries but when I corrected that it was still throwing errors, trying to fix that I lost the skin completely and had a completely blank screen when starting Kodi so had to re-install. I then had the same errors on the re-install. Uninstalling 1,05 didn't make a difference 

Ended up reverting to 1.03 on a new install.

I'm sorry but as it was 4am by then I didn't keep the logs.

New question if I may.

I'm looking at the music videos by artist, why doesn't it show videos when no album is defined?

I've verified this is happening by updating a video which originally had album defined and refreshing both Emby and Kodi.

Thanks

Edited by PoBear