Android - Live TV Start in Guide

dcol
Go to solution Solved by dcol,

This feature exists in the Web Browser version, but not in the Android app.

I would like to start in the guide when entering LiveTV

In the meantime, is there a command I can issue to start Emby right to the LiveTV guide? I can setup a custom remote control button if there is.

You can start at the last tuned channel but I'm not so sure about starting at the guide. In AndroidTV on the ShieldTV you can have it in the main start menu for Guide, LiveTV and On Now.

Android TV allows you to set your default tab for your Live TV library to the guide if that's what you are asking.

The only option I see is to goto the last played channel, not the guide. I don't want to goto the channel when I start Emby, I want to goto the guide when I select LiveTV from the home screen. Where is that?

Yes. On the web browser it is in the home settings. On Android it is in the actual LiveTV screen. A bit confusing when it is in different locations on different platforms.

There is no settings feature in the live TV top bar in the web browser. Except the one for the server settings.

Edited by dcol

Okay, the thinking there is that it makes a lot more sense to manage the default display for any particular library from within that library as opposed to a monolithic single settings page that would be quite difficult to navigate with a remote control.

Thanks.