21 replies to this topic

#21 unisoft OFFLINE  

unisoft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Local time: 07:36 PM

Posted 12 December 2018 - 07:43 PM

It is, however the xml plugin is based on a decade old xml metadata format that stored dates in the xml using local date formats, not any standardized utc format. This makes parsing the xml very difficult because if you create the xml on system A, then try to read it from system B, both of those systems better have the same locale settings or there will be problems.

This is one of the many reasons we try to steer users towards the newer nfo format, and why we keep saying that the xml format is legacy, only community maintained, etc.

Hi Luke

I get that nfo is the now way. You have to remember that lots of us were Media Browser users (and loved it!) with large libraries and it takes a few years for us to go over and normally because of things like Windows updates that broke blu ray playback in Arcsoft Total Media Theatre and end of life for Windows Media Center for Win 7 and in 2023 for Windows 8.1.

At the moment, my meta data app creates more data tags when creating XML than when it does NFO and there doesn't seem to be a wiki that states what tags you actually import into the database. As a result, new media has been created with XML with fuller tag meta data and then scanned into library as a refresh.

I can live with the bugs rather than you take away the XML plugin though! I think that would damage an influx of migrations you are yet to have as a lot of MB users will migrate later when they realise WMC is a dead horse....

#22 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 135983 posts
  • Local time: 02:36 PM

Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:39 PM

Thanks for the feedback. We're not taking it away.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Suggestions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users