Transcoding worked and now it doesnt

speckledapple

speckledapple

I recently downloaded Emby (love the software) and its great.  Works just like I expected to stream mkv anime files.  Everything worked perfectly for about a week and then not so much.  All of my media players, Roku, Opera (on computer), Firefox (on computer), Chrome (on computer), and my DLNA Smart Tv does not work.  Specifically whenever I try to play a file on the Roku (the roku 3) it tries to transcode then just hangs (the green bar loading bar disappears).  

I cannot access the DLNA via my Smart Tv.  Whenver I try to play via any of my browsers I get the "no compatible streams" message for every one (pictures attached).  The only device I own that seems to work is my Galaxy Note 5 through the Emby app. It works perfectly through there.  

As I test I converted an anime file (one specifically is 10bit down to 8bit) and that works no problem.  But it still makes no sense because the other files worked just fine when I first installed Emby.  Basically, I need to figure out if I need to convert all my files or if there is another issue on the server I am not aware of. 

Not sure if I gave enough information but I also attached the logs for server and transcode.  Hopefully this helps.  Thanks.

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-044112b9-2cf2-42ff-85ef-11264131209e.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-b4393206-a902-4c45-af68-5f801ad910c6.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-bc5bf1d1-e706-4130-918c-e602af52f2ba.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-f518625f-8d9f-482e-b40b-d05d802b63cc.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-fa531a6d-ab0b-415d-9731-9557d6145c59.txt

post-372373-0-82844200-1541460138_thumb.png

To me these logs look like an I/O problem, as if ffmpeg is just stalling while attempting to open those files.

Just to rule out the avi format, do you have any other kinds of video files you can test (besides mkv)? Thanks.

speckledapple

I just tested two other files.  One was DBZ which was still mkv but a different location and it worked.  Also tried Toy Story and it worked as well even on M. 5be0d7de5db04_test1.png5be0d7ea14e2f_dbz.png

So it sounds like anything that requires transcoding is failing.

Do you have any anti-virus or security software installed? What version of Windows?

speckledapple

Just basic windows anti virus that comes included with Windows. Also the latest version of Windows 10 is installed

speckledapple

Because you mentioned that it fails only when transcoding I looked at the settings and a few of the defaults were blank. Like the Audio down mixing, the wiki said it's supposed to be 2 but it was blank. Also the cf something was blank. I put in default values and it works. Why was it blank?

The blanks are fine. That should not have made any difference. I'm guessing your problem will come back.

speckledapple

that would suck because its a really good service next to plex.  hopefully it doesnt but it seems to be pretty good now.  thanks for the look and the help

I'm not convinced yet that it is an Emby problem. An I/O stall now seems unlikely but it could also be anti-virus blocking and killing the ffmpeg process.

What happens when you disable hardware acceleration?

Edited by speechles

• 4 weeks later...
Bill4sman

Doesn't work any better for me.

HP Omen

32 GB's of ram

Intel 8700K

GTX1080 ti

a machine higher end that most and still can't transcode 4K. It works better OFF than on!

What about ffmpeg?

Edited by bill@foresman.com