Emby for Kodi .vs. Embycon?

jglazer63

jglazer63

I am looking at migrating away from MYSQL to emby for Kodi.  I can't figure out which of these two addons are better.  I want to keep the interface for kodi with some adjustments.  I think Emby for Kodi is the best source for this but I am not sure how the different Kodi installations will sync with Emby in a timely fashion.  If I add something to my library, how long before emby sees it and syncs with all the Kodis I have?

Thanks!

LongMan

If the client is on, it syncs immediately. If a client is off, the sync occurs as soon as the client connects to the server.

jglazer63

If the client is on, it syncs immediately. If a client is off, the sync occurs as soon as the client connects to the server.

Which addon are you referring to here?

LongMan

Also the beta version of Emby for Kodi allows you to choose which libraries get synced. Before a library is synced, or if you choose not to sync it, it is available as a dynamic link similar to what occurs in EmbyCon.

im85288

Think of EmbyCon being what you have when you use any app (eg web client, iOS, Android etc etc) in that on startup it always gets the latest info from your server (so NO sync with local kodi db needed)

With Emby for Kodi it will emulate your local kodi db by keeping things in sync. This is maybe more beneficial with low powered devices which may be slow to gather the initial data.

• 1 month later...
K1ng_Lear

Hi there,

I am actually considering to switch over from PLEX with PKC to EMBY. 

So I've a few questions and one could maybe answered here. Starts a movie wie Emby for Kodi faster than with PKC and Plex? Oh, I've always ran into some trouble by setting up direct pathes so I don't want to try it out with EMBY. 

Kodi Client: Nvidia Shield

Server: Synology DS 916+

Thx.

sualfred

PKC is a fork of Emby for Kodi. 

You can run it with native paths or with addon playback. Native playback is always faster but has no support for the cinema mode for example and requires direct access to the share of the files.

Here, I just jumped into the sleeping room to show you how fast the addon playback with cinema mode works on a shield. On a wired connection it's even faster:

• Like 1

K1ng_Lear

Ok, thx, for the vid.

I will check out the emby for kodi set up on my shield. I am using the Titan skin and the start of movie feels like eternity (up to 60s). So, I will test it on my xmas vacancy. 

sualfred

Titan is very expensive and not maintained anymore.

You can also try EmbyCon that doesn't sync the content and acts like a normal video addon. But we made a 100% integration in Embuary that gives you almost the same feeling like you would running a native database. Up to you.

sualfred

Emby for Kodi does not need any skin based integration.

As I said, Titan isn't maintained anymore. It's also not 100% compatible to Kodi 18 (Leia).

K1ng_Lear

Wow, I am literally flashed. I tried EMBYCon today and my content never starts so fast. So by by PLEX and hello EMBY.

I still have a few questions. When I set up my quicklinks I don’t get the library instead I got the folders. I split up my library in different folders to due to my backup strategy and my whole structure must be reset if I change this.

Can I set up a part of my library with embycon and the rest with EMBY for Kodi?

I set up EMBY for Kodi, too, but the libraries remain empty. I can browse through the tree structure but nothing appears.

Is it possible to avoid the Login with EMBY for Kodi? My wife is driving crazy if she have to do this. And yes, I need it, my kids shouldn’t have access to every content from their room.

Maybe I did something wrong, so sorry for the stupid questions.

sualfred

You can use Emby for Kodi + EmbyCon at the same time. You also just can use Emby for Kodi and sync only the libraries you want and access the other via the addon as plugin listing.

Emby for Kodi doesn't require a login on a reboot. Do you have the beta installed? If no, please switch to it. 

If you still have problems -> please post a log (normal one).

K1ng_Lear

Thank you very much. The Beta repo solved the problem and I was able to set it up.

Unfortunately I ran into a further issue. When I set up directly to the TV shows I don't get a proper set up. (Picture 1 to 3), when I stop one step further in the set up tree I've to navigate to the add on but all the shown set up is ok (Picture 4 to 6). 

Oh, I tried EmbyCon here, too, but it offers me the multiple path structure of my library and this isn't handy. (Picture 7)

Sorry, that I've to bother you again, but I hope you can help me out.

post-287366-0-29216300-1546089306_thumb.jpg

post-287366-0-71497500-1546089362_thumb.jpg

post-287366-0-57433600-1546089375_thumb.jpg

post-287366-0-20285800-1546089393_thumb.jpg

post-287366-0-54238100-1546089406_thumb.jpg

post-287366-0-95838000-1546089419_thumb.jpg

post-287366-0-59400300-1546089611_thumb.jpg

sualfred

I proceed in DE to prevent language barriers.

--

Also was genau funzt nicht? Kann dir nicht folgen. Auch bin ich verwirrt ob du jetzt Emby for Kodi oder EmbyCon benutzt.

K1ng_Lear

I proceed in DE to prevent language barriers.

--

Also was genau funzt nicht? Kann dir nicht folgen. Auch bin ich verwirrt ob du jetzt Emby for Kodi oder EmbyCon benutzt.

Ok, sind zwei Themen.

Bild Serie 1-3 bzw. 4-6 stammen aus Emby für Kodi. Wenn ich direkt auf den Pfad aufsetze bekomme ich keine saubere Darstellung der Serien mehr. Wenn man dann im Bild 3 etwas mit mehreren Staffeln auswählt bekommt man nur noch die EMBY eigene Indizierung zu sehen. Wenn man währen des Setup nicht ganz bis zur Bibliothek runter geht sondern immer über das normale Menü in die Tiefe navigiert (Bild 5) passt alles.

Eigentlich würde ich lieber auf Embycon setzen aber da bekomme ich das Problem (Bild 7) das die Bibliothek in zwei Verzeichnissen liegt und ich nur das eine oder das andere auswählen kann. Wähle ich stattdessen "TV-Shows All" mischt er mir die Anime Bibliothek mit rein. 

Interessanterweise liegen die Filme auch in mehreren Ordnern, DVD, BlueRay RAW und BlueRay nach Handbrake und dort sammelt er (Embycon) mir die ganze Bibliothek wie es sich gehört.

Kurz: Ein Problem mit Quicklinks bei Emby for Kodi (Bild 1-6) und eines mit EmbyCon. 

Nochmals Dank für die Mühe und sorry, dass ich offensichtlich zu dämlich bin.

sualfred

Dämlich ist daran nichts. Ich glaub eher das da irgendwas vom Skin her reinspinnt. 

Du hast bei Emby for Kodi schon die Datenbanken gesynced oder? Also nicht nur Hybrid Listing? 

Du kannst parallel zum Test meinen Embuary skin probieren ob da auch das Problem auftritt.

K1ng_Lear

Dämlich ist daran nichts. Ich glaub eher das da irgendwas vom Skin her reinspinnt. 

Du hast bei Emby for Kodi schon die Datenbanken gesynced oder? Also nicht nur Hybrid Listing? 

Du kannst parallel zum Test meinen Embuary skin probieren ob da auch das Problem auftritt.

Ja, die DB ist gesynced. Hatte ca. 15 min. gedauert. 

Das Probleme tritt hier nicht direkt auf, aber in ähnlicher Form. Der Standard Pfad zeigt mir auch hier wieder, nach dem Dashboard, die Poster (Bild 1 & 2). Die reine TV Show library, also ohne vorhergehendem Dashboard, zeigt mir stattdessen FanArt (Bild 3). Ist aber nicht so wirr wie in Aeon Nox da ich im  Anschluss in einer Listenansicht lande welche sich aber von der normalen unterscheidet und auch nicht auf diese ändern lässt. Ich glaub ich weiß woran das liegt, er zeigt mir im oberen Menürand eine Auswahl an die eigentlich nur für Musik Sinn macht, also irgendwo würfelt er da was. (Bild 8)

Das EmbyCon Thema habe ich nach wie vor. (Bild 4 - 6) Ein ähnliches Thema habe ich mit EmbyCon auch bei den Filmen, fällt aber nur in Deinem Skin, übrigens tolle Arbeit, auf. (Bild 7)

Wenn Du Logs brauchst müsstest Du mir sagen wie ich an die rankomme. Ich kann mich mit SMB von meinen Mac nicht auf das Shield verbinden und der Versuch das SMB des Mac runterzusetzen auf 1 war nicht so erfolgreich. :(

P.S. Würde das Aeon Nox UI bevorzugen, wenn es denn möglich ist. (Sorry, EMBY Standard UI gefällt mir halt net.)

post-287366-0-81169500-1546100022_thumb.jpg

post-287366-0-18754400-1546100047_thumb.jpg

post-287366-0-98368800-1546100066_thumb.jpg

post-287366-0-77722300-1546100105_thumb.jpg

post-287366-0-29749800-1546100131_thumb.jpg

post-287366-0-35883600-1546100148_thumb.jpg

post-287366-0-46639400-1546100452_thumb.jpg

post-287366-0-14885400-1546100557_thumb.jpg

sualfred

Ich zwinge dir kein Skin auf, mir gings nur darum ob der Skin reinspinnt. Was ja anscheinend der Fall ist, da es in Embuary funktioniert. Da sind uns dann leider die Hände gebunden. Ist in Aeon Nox die normale Serien Ansicht aber korrekt, oder? Also Problem betrifft nur die Nodes, welche du manuell anlegst?

Wenn ja, dann brauch ich mal deine script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml aus dem Skin Ordner um zu sehen, was das Skinshortcuts Script da fabriziert hat.

Du kannst auf der Shield einfach den x-plorer oder ES explorer nutzen und von dort aus die Dateien auf ein Stick kopieren, falls SMB scheitert.

Bei dem EmbyCon Thema würde ich dir empfehlen das Problem seperat in einem eigenen Thread zu beschreiben und deine Struktur dabei mitzuteilen. Das ist die Baustelle von null_pointer.

K1ng_Lear

Ich hab's nicht so empfunden, dass Du mir was aufzwingen wolltest. :-) 

Ich denke nicht, dass die Funktionalität in Embuary voll gegeben ist. Embuary generiert ja letztendlich ebenfalls einen Musikeintrag. (siehe Bild 8 meines letzten Posts). 

Vielen Dank im übrigen für den Tip mit dem ES Explorer. Jetzt kann ich auch zur klassischen Emby App die Logs ziehen. :-)

Ich habe jetzt im Aeon Skin ebenfalls nochmals einen Eintrag angelegt und Dir die script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml von Embuary und Aeon Nox in das Zip gepackt. Ich hab Dir auch noch ein Bild angefügt wie der Link in Aeon Nox aussieht. 

Bezüglich des EmbyCon Themas mache ich, wie von Dir vorgeschlagen, einen neuen Thread auf.

P.S.

Ich bin echt begeistert von dem Support hier. Als langjähriger Plex Pass Nutzer ist man dies nicht gewohnt. Fazit: Du bist unter anderem Schuld daran das ich gestern Abend noch Emby Premiere gezeichnet hab. :-) 

post-287366-0-76714800-1546168338_thumb.jpg

Archiv.zip

sualfred

Das bringt dir nicht soviel das rüberkopieren. Skinshortcuts nutzt Hash Caches.

Aber ich vermute ich sehe das Problem:
Skinshortcuts definiert den Pfad als Musikpfad anstatt für Videos. Ändere in Aeon Nox bitte einfach mal den Pfad manuell ab und ersetzte ActivateWindow(music,plugin:....) durch ActivateWindow(videos,plugin:....)

Das ist ein alter und lang existierender Bug in dem Skript. Mangels Maintainer wird der aber nicht gefixt. In Embuary habe ich ein Skin Workaround deswegen gebaut, da fällt dir der Bug nicht auf.

Danke für die Premiere Subscription, aber ich hab nichts mit Emby in finanzieller Sicht am Hut :) Ich bin nur ein User.

• Like 1