Multiple Actors with Same Name

/Ky

Hey guys,

Okay so I found a couple of posts from around 4 years ago and just wondered if there is anything now that I can do as for example I have Defiance, Impratical Jokers & Primeval (TV series) on Emby and Defiance/Priveal have the same James Murray however the impractical jokers has a different James Murray but it shows the same actor for all 3 seasons - any way of pulling the individual actor?

Thanks,

Kyle

• 2 weeks later...
Happy2Play

There appears to be no change with this in beta.

Tested on new portable 3.6.0.65

5bef57e2063fa_samename.jpg

5bef57fd30c9e_samename2.jpg

Only option is still edit Media metadata and change the persons name to something unique.  Then manually identify the updated person with correct providerid.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/61779-same-name-different-person/?p=609220

Not sure how wrong image was acquired though.  As providerids point to different Robert Taylor image.

5bef5b635f6b3_actor.jpg

embyserver.txt

Edited by Happy2Play

It is improved, but there are still limitations:

• tvdb actors have tvdb id's, but we don't store this and use it for matching. (i will correct this).
  • when actors are saved to local metadata (nfo/xml), these are names only. that means when the local metadata gets read back in, they will be matched in the database by name because the nfo files doesn't have any id's for the actors. We will need to update the nfo saving so that it includes the tvdb/tmdb/imdb id of the actor.
  • Actor information from Omdb is name only, so if you enable this provider and it fetches actors, they will be by name
  • Like 2

Actually tvdb metadata doesn't have id's at the episode level for guest stars. that is a shame. it is all by name.

• 2 years later...
access

I just solved all this by hand, just putting (I), (II), (III) after each additional person and then redoing the meta data for their videos. Labores but I couldn't see a better way.

image.png.cbbaf7083214fdf3456b1396c2363fb0.png

This is how imdb solved it anyway.

image.png.d04c9c16e06c6c9d0040b01a7ca5ca10.png

Edited by access

gillmacca01

That's what I have been thinking about doing, but it means going through every single actor, and I don't think I have the patience for that

Happy2Play

There are changes to this in 4.6 but may require media Refresh.

• Like 1