Layout of Home Screen / Customize Home Screen Button

md_heuler
Go to solution Solved by md_heuler,

md_heuler

Hi,

I am running the emby app (1.0.9) on a LG Smart TV (42LF6529-ZA) which connects to my own emby server (3.5.3) on a Linux box.

Until yesterday the home screen of ALL users showed a layout similar to the web-app:

'My Media', 'Next Up', 'Latest Movies', etc. all in a vertical layout with a 'Customize Home Screen' button on the bottom.

I cannot exacty say what caused it, but yesterday all of a sudden my main user now has a home screen with a

horizontal layout, similar to what can be seen on the emby web page describing the LG-App.

All other users still have the vertical layout and this includes newly created users.

Personally I like the vertical layout more although it seems as if this is not the way it should look like.

What bothers me more is that I could not find the 'Customize Home Screen' button any more.

So my main question is, where can I find it or (even better) how can I switch back to the vertical layout?

I already tried the following without success:

- giving the user admin rights on the server (as I read that settings menu is only available to admin users)

- deleting the emby server from the emby app's server list and reconnect

- uninstalling the emby app from the TV and reinstalled

Now I have run out of options.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Manfred.

Hi.  If you go into the settings for the app, there should be an option for either a vertical or horizontal home screen layout.

• Solution
md_heuler

Unfortunately as I tried to express, there is no such thing like the 'app settings' which I can access ;-(

The main menu does only contain 'Home', 'Sign Out', 'Switch Server', 'Exit'

and in on the horizontal home screen there is also not the 'Configure Home Screen' button which I used on the vertical home screen.

But after more reading in the forum I ran across the link http://tv.emby.media.

With which I could connect to my server from a PC.

With this web application I was able to change the settings for my user.

So I finally got my vertical layout back. :)

• Like 1

md_heuler

In the LG app are you not able to move up to your user icon and click it?

Yes I can but on LG I only see 4 entries 'Home', 'Sign Out', 'Switch Server', 'Exit' then.

Only in the WebApp I see an entry 'Settings' instead of 'Exit' were I could change the layout orientation.

Edited by md_heuler

• 4 weeks later...

Doesn't work for me.

Premiere user, set the theme using that URL, restart the LG app and still a crazy white background!

There are no white backgrounds in the LG app. Can you please show a screenshot? Thanks.

unisoft

There are no white backgrounds in the LG app. Can you please show a screenshot? Thanks.

Fixed.

Basically, it was the APPLE TV theme causing the "white-ish" backgrounds but no way it was going to change in just the web page of tv.emby.media, even if I change device type from AUTO to TV.

1. So, I went to tv.emby,media, logged in as the user that the LG app uses

2. Changed layout mode to vertical and signed out of web page.

3. Launched LG App 1.09, scrolled down to bottom where CUSTOMISE HOME SCREEN button was

4. Clicked the button, changed the theme to Media Center and then the layout to horizontal again

5. All fixed.

unisoft

Right, because the theme setting is individual per each device.

maybe but it was convoluted way of changing it.

I only stuck an emby premiere key into the server then suddenly the TV theme changes, the HD Home run wouldn't show the guide and just a spinning wheel graphic.

The HD Homerun was easy to fix, the LG App was a nuisance.

Please hurry up and get the settings button into the user avatar icon for the LG app :) and whilst you are there - the new "FOLDERS" menu option that's appeared on other clients, please make it honour the server side setting when that option for 'Display a folder view to show plain media folders' is unticked. It currently ignores it and shows menu option for "FOLDERS" regardless on Android and Theatre apps :)