The music sync performance never has been the best of the world, but it wasn't bad. It's sadly to say that since the last version the performance is horrible. Sorry devs, but I had to say it.
I love Emby, but the main reasons to migrate my Plex Server was the music sync. I have to clarify that Plex Server is a fucking nightmare with offline music and Emby is the better option to do this actually.
So, I have a list with the main problems with offline music:
- Not real sync. When Android App die and start again, songs download several times and is necessary to use third party software to clean duplicate files to save storage.
- When you try to sync playlist or collection with so many songs (500 or more is enough to start the party xD), server and client (android app) goes crazy/slow.
- Many times, sync process is blocked by a single song. My workaround is edit sync object, delete the blocked song and wait server refresh that song again to include in sync object. After this, sync process start again in some moment, not immediately.
I have to clarify that my devices (server and phone) are very powerful:
- Phone: OnePlus6 (8GB RAM, 8 cores, 128GB internal storage)
- Dedicated server (bare-metal) in professional hosting.
- Debian 9
- Intel® Xeon® CPU W3520 @ 2.67GHz
- 16GB RAM
- Emby is running using Docker (18.06.1~ce~3-0~debian)
Attaching my personal sync objects.
As always, thank for your support.