Home Screen Section Customization

monkeyslapper

monkeyslapper

Wondering if there is option that can be added to the Homescreen section, that allows you to sort Movies by date not added. Or to have an option add favorites etc... 

Thanks

Hi.  We already have sorting in all library views and Favorites filters.

What, exactly, are you asking for here?

monkeyslapper

On the home screen We have Latest TV Show and Latest Movies sorted by added dates. When I do a clean up of drive and move some of the movies to a different location, this would change my latest Movies / TV shows to what I have added from before  and all the other Movies that I wanted to see is gone. I can see why this would update, So i would like to see a list of movies sorted out by release dates not when it was added or both would be an option as well?!?!

Hope that make sense? 

Monkeyslapper 

Okay, I think you have two options:

1) Change your "Date Added Handling" option for the libraries in question to use the file creation dates instead of date imported to library.  Then, moving them to another location will maintain their original added dates.

2) Check out the "Time Lord" plug-in.  It will modify your added dates to be the release dates of the movies.

monkeyslapper

I think the 1 option is the best for me. The other, would do a great as well.. but you will not see the new media that was release years ago! Thanks for the info.

As always... You DA MAN!

Monkeyslapper