Get live tv channel stream

pünktchen

pünktchen

Is this from a plugin or via the api?

Api. I already know the channel id. Edited by pünktchen

Angelblue05

I use two calls in Kodi. One to playbackinfo, the second to LiveStreams/Open which returns the path with the mediasource. However, maybe I guess, if there's a way to skip the playbackinfo, it would be even better.

• 1 year later...
pünktchen

@@Luke time to resurrect this this thread.

I've created a nice little Emby plugin that allows to serve Emby's live tv guide as a xmltv file and the live tv channels as a m3u playlist to other applications.

I think that could be useful for those people that always ask for a better live tv integration into Kodi. They could import the data into Kodi's Simple (IPTV) PVR Addon.

To open a live tv channel from the playlist, i've created an api endpoint in my plugin that takes the channelId,

makes a POST request to "/Items/{Id}/PlaybackInfo" with "AutoOpenLiveStream=true" and then redirects to the stream path that i get from the "PlaybackInfoResponse".

This is working nicely to start playback, BUT of course i cannot make a POST request to "/LiveStreams/Close" with just a playlist full of links  :(

So can you please just create an additional parameter for the PlaybackInfo request, something like "AutoCloseLiveStream=integer" that closes the stream after xx seconds if no one consumes the stream.

If omitted or AutoCloseLivestream=0 then behave as until now.

• Like 1

I've created a nice little Emby plugin that allows to serve Emby's live tv guide as a xmltv file and the live tv channels as a m3u playlist to other applications.

Well this is coming very soon as a built-in feature.

pünktchen

Nice, but oh. I hear your words - very soon - this could be a very long time in the Emby world  :lol:

This year, next three month, sometime next year? Any timeframe?

Spaceboy

But bear in mind channel management was definitely coming in 2019 [emoji23]

Sorry, is coming. I’m sure it’s still coming. Perhaps a surprise Christmas present

Edited by Spaceboy