change server

boombuia

boombuia

Hi, when using either add-on, is there any way to add multiple/change servers (like in some of the Emby apps)?

Edited by boombuia

sualfred

With Emby for Kodi you have the option to add multiple servers as hybrid listings. That means that this server libraries won't be synced but can be accessed by the plugin listing. Similar like EmbyCon handles the Kodi integration.

Or you just use Kodi's internal profile system and use a different addon configs for each profile.

sualfred

If you will use EmbyCon + Kodi profiles you will gain a great feature to change server users quickly. If this is a requirement.

boombuia

With Emby for Kodi you have the option to add multiple servers as hybrid listings. That means that this server libraries won't be synced but can be accessed by the plugin listing. Similar like EmbyCon handles the Kodi integration.

hi, can you expand on this? sounds like a good alternative - but how can I add multiple "hybrid servers"?

sualfred

Once you set up your main server and sycned your content you can go to addons -> Emby -> add server.

boombuia

With EmbyCon if your servers are all on your local network using detect local server.will show you a list to pick from. Other than that EmbyCon does not have multiple server support.

Thanks - I should've mentioned that the multiple servers are remote, not local.

boombuia

Once you set up your main server and sycned your content you can go to addons -> Emby -> add server.

sounds easy - so the first server is sync'ed, and the rest work like embycon?

sualfred

Yep. You can access the additional libraries from the same addon node. 

But keep in mind that no skin has a automatically integration for them and you have to work with customized widgets / menu entries if you want to add them to your home screen etc (if your used skin supports it)

boombuia

Hi. I have emby for kodi version 3.1.32a, and I'm not seeing this "add server" option anywhere in the settings.

Any assistance, please?

boombuia

It's not in the settings, it's via launching the add-on (open Emby for Kodi).

5bdf8ffcd8c7f_addserver.jpg

got it, d'uh! - thanks! will play with it now.

• Like 1