Which EPG provider are you using?

seangermany

seangermany

I'm currently using server wmc, but the windows media center guide is always dumping, leaving me with "NO DATA AVAILABLE".  This happens maybe every 6wks.  I've tried all of the tricks, but ultimately end up having to rebuild everything - which is a real headache. 

What's everybody using?

I'd prefer a free service that I can also integrate into my KODI build, but would consider paying for a robust application.

Thanks..

epg123 FTW.

You create an xmltv file and point Emby to it.

ServerWMC has been dysfunctional at best for about 6 months.

Since the roll out of SiliconDust's PremiumTV I quit using WMC.

Emby DVR rocks now.. getting closer to perfect with each update.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

xtream-editor.com.  This site is great.  You point it to your online m3u lists, then customize the lists and assign epg to the channels.  Then xtream-editor gives you a new m3u link to the custom m3u file you created as well as a link to the matching EPG.  Can't say enough about it.  Now if Emby could take a cue from Kodi and allow channel order as seen in the m3u file instead of jumbling them all up, my life will be complete!  Oh, also channel group support would be great

xtream-editor.com.  This site is great.  You point it to your online m3u lists, then customize the lists and assign epg to the channels.  Then xtream-editor gives you a new m3u link to the custom m3u file you created as well as a link to the matching EPG.  Can't say enough about it.  Now if Emby could take a cue from Kodi and allow channel order as seen in the m3u file instead of jumbling them all up, my life will be complete!  Oh, also channel group support would be great

It seems the OP is / was using WMC and ServerWMC, which doesn't need an m3u playlist or custom epg. Not to complicate things epg123 is by far the best and easiest guide to set up for the OP's usage.

Now, more about the m3u lists.. Care to send a PM with more info on that?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
atomicmoon

IPTV-epg.com fills 90% of my missing epg info and they take requests for channels you are pulling down. I've been very pleased with their results

IPTV-epg.com fills 90% of my missing epg info and they take requests for channels you are pulling down. I've been very pleased with their results

Some of them do, most of them don't.

Even if they do, they don't have EPG for all of their channels, but probably just for the most important countries/channels and that is also in one huge file, unsorted and surely not customized to your needs I think. 

atomicmoon

Some of them do, most of them don't.

Even if they do, they don't have EPG for all of their channels, but probably just for the most important countries/channels and that is also in one huge file, unsorted and surely not customized to your needs I think. 

IPTV-EPG.com has 90% of US channels. Not just the major networks, and they have an insane amount of local network affiliates as well. The only channels I don't have a guide for are 4 channels, and my custom sports channels that aren't static channels. I can change channel number, order, channel name, and decide if I want them to pull the EPG info or let my provider pull the info.

You upload your playlist and they give you a new url for your customized epg.