Nexus 9 Playback Issues

Kimballslice1890

Kimballslice1890

I have a Nexus 9 32GB LTE (International Version [use it as wifi only though]). I like to use the tablet on road trips to watch my Emby content. I have the Emby app installed. 

Whenever trying to stream content on the Nexus 9, I regularly get a green and pink jumbled image or it is very choppy... like a low framerate and the video is way behind the audio. The only temporary solution I found for this is to force the quality to 720p -1mbps. Anything higher than that will cause it to be choppy or green... is anyone else having this issue that can recommend a solution? when setting the quality that low on a 9 inch screen it is definitely noticeable.

Seems to be unique to Emby, Netflix and Plex work fine on any quality. Tethered internet bandwidth isnt an issue either, usually getting 10-50mbps

Devdroid

Are you trying to play HEVC/x265 content? Maybe 10 bit? 

I get this problem on my Huawei Mediapad M5 unless I transcode to x264 (which it only does if I lower the bitrate quite a bit), because HEVC 10 bit playback is broken on that device (probably due to bad drivers). 

Edited by Devdroid

Yea that's what i was about to get at, that we're probably direct playing it and then being affected by whatever problems the device may have with it's hardware acceleration.