• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#81 manicpanic OFFLINE  

manicpanic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Local time: 02:18 PM

Posted 17 December 2018 - 11:21 AM

I got the idea is from your quote: "I have root on my kindle fire so I've been playing to link2sd to try and work around this." If this is irrelevant, it probably should not have been mentioned because it is misleading.

BTW, I did not appreciated the tone in your reply. We are trying to solve a problem in a constructive manner here.

I didn't appreciate your initial tone either. So I'll leave you guys to your troubleshooting then. 

#82 gold1 OFFLINE  

gold1

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:11 PM

You mean move to SD after download? That is the type of workaround that we are looking at when the download manager is denied access to the SD card.

Luke,
I've been having the same issues. Feel free to ignore this idea, but I wonder whether emby should just scan the folder for the download (name and size?) Instead of trying to communicate with the download manager?

I noticed that when I delete and reinstall the app, any previously downloaded media doesn't show in the app, but is on the SD card. I find myself using VLC to play everything instead.

Combining this problem, with the multiple download issue, and it seems like maybe that's a solution? Just an idea.

#83 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 113991 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 10:54 PM

Thanks. We're still looking into it.

#84 revengineer OFFLINE  

revengineer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:44 PM

Happy New Year! Now that the holidays are over, I am bumping this thread to not let it be forgotten.

• atomicmoon likes this

#85 revengineer OFFLINE  

revengineer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:06 PM

So, with emby server upgrade to v4, the Android v2.9x apps seem to no longer work correctly. When I try to load a title, I see the actors but the title and option to download never shows. Instead I get the endless spinning circle. The v3 apps do not have this issue but the download to external SD card still does not work. As of now my Fire HD has become useless for travel. The download to external SD card seems to have become a bigger issue on hte development side. While this is being sorted out, is there a way to get the Android v2 app working with the emby v4 server?

#86 revengineer OFFLINE  

revengineer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:47 PM

Pinging again... While there have been a few recent updates, non of them addressed the external storage issue and updates on this topic have been silent for a month now. I have lost the ability to sync movies to my tablet entirely, so that the device has become useless as a travel companion. I would buy another device but honestly so many people have reported sync issues on both cheap and expensive devices that I do not know what to buy. It seems like a crap-shoot.

I would like to know from @Luke what the prognosis is of getting this fixed and from others get a recommendation for a <$200 device with 7-8" screen that will sync emby content to external storage.

Thank you.

#87 revengineer OFFLINE  

revengineer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 10:23 PM

Fixing the sync may have become obsolete. The latest version of the app crashes back to the home screen after ~10 s of video play. No need to sync if I can't play. I wish I could go back two days when server v3.5.2 was working great with the v2.9.76 Android app...

#88 atomicmoon OFFLINE  

atomicmoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:10 AM

Fixing the sync may have become obsolete. The latest version of the app crashes back to the home screen after ~10 s of video play. No need to sync if I can't play. I wish I could go back two days when server v3.5.2 was working great with the v2.9.76 Android app...

Are you able to update to the latest version for Amazon Fire? I only ask, because I've been following this thread with you, (thank you too) and my Fire Tablet 7 is now working as intended since the 4.0 release. 
I'm just hoping there is a fix for you out there! If not, maybe we can get a pool together to get you a newer tablet! I'm all about knocking down barriers, and if your device is not able to hang, maybe we find a fix for that!

Cheers!

#89 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 113991 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:58 PM

Is this with 3.0.31? I apologize for the issue. Can you please attach a server log? thanks.

#90 revengineer OFFLINE  

revengineer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:17 PM

Are you able to update to the latest version for Amazon Fire? I only ask, because I've been following this thread with you, (thank you too) and my Fire Tablet 7 is now working as intended since the 4.0 release. 
I'm just hoping there is a fix for you out there! If not, maybe we can get a pool together to get you a newer tablet! I'm all about knocking down barriers, and if your device is not able to hang, maybe we find a fix for that!

Cheers!

Thank you for the wishes. I have a 7th gen Fire tablet and it is running the latest Fire OS 5.3.6.4. There is currently no upgrade available. I am glad to hear that worked for you.

I appreciate the idea for a pool, but there is no need. I would buy a device, but am unsure which ones do not have the issue I am experiencing.

#91 revengineer OFFLINE  

revengineer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:21 PM

Is this with 3.0.31? I apologize for the issue. Can you please attach a server log? thanks.

Yes this is on 3.0.31 and seems to happen when I play a movie with subtitles. I seem to be able to reproduce it. I hate to derail this thread further, so I will open a new one and post a server log. I do not seem to be able to find an app log. At least, it's not where it used to be.

If you do have an update on the external SD card issue, I will take it.  :)

#92 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 113991 posts

Posted Today, 01:09 AM

Thanks, we'll look at it in the other topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users