Recording, couple of questions

arrbee99

arrbee99

Just having a quick go with recording some live tv (in Emby via NPVR plugin) -

Is there any indication that recording is going on - there's nothing in the dashboard and nothing in the guide that shows anything in progress.

I have a series recording. The series is shown on a channel and also on a +1 version of that channel. Is there any way tell it not to record the same program from both of them ?

Is there any indication that recording is going on - there's nothing in the dashboard and nothing in the guide that shows anything in progress.

Yes, but this could be subject to quirks of running through the next pvr plugin.

The series is shown on a channel and also on a +1 version of that channel. Is there any way tell it not to record the same program from both of them ?

I am not sure on what the status is of next pvr supporting the "record any time", "record any channel/1channel" options that you see in Emby.

arrbee99

Thanks. I'll see if I can find out anything from the Nextpvr guys, though it might be a bit more difficult regarding the actual plugin.

arrbee99

I'm sure next pvr supports that, but the plugin might need work to pass those params along.

Obviously no idea what the plugin passes along, and not sure if I should ask Sven, apparently he hasn't been on Emby for more than 2 months.

Also I see there has just been a NPVR plugin 'compatibility update', you wouldn't happen to know anything more about that ? Thanks

As requested in the other thread, responding to your post...

Just having a quick go with recording some live tv (in Emby via NPVR plugin) -

I have a series recording. The series is shown on a channel and also on a +1 version of that channel. Is there any way tell it not to record the same program from both of them ?

The first one would be up to Emby - its has it's own UI, and would show any indicators etc.

The second one would depend on what options the NextPVR addon is using when it schedules the recording. ie, a season recording is usually against a specific channel, but you can also tell it to schedule for any channel etc. Also, if your EPG specified unique show identifiers, then NextPVR has logic to make sure duplicate copies of shows aren't recorded. 

• Like 1

Also I see there has just been a NPVR plugin 'compatibility update', you wouldn't happen to know anything more about that ? Thanks

A user contributed a pull request with some of these features a month ago and i had forgotten to publish a new version:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/NextPVR/commit/9f4b05789d613bb897e610c544bb5ea3d6c5a76b

• Like 1

arrbee99

Not sure if this  timerSettings.allChannels = info.RecordAnyChannel;  from the github will have anything to do with it.

Anyway though I'd just have another go, so I scheduled this...

5bdcaf95daed8_EmbyNPVRrecordingduplicate

Just added that Premier league show to the channel Prime plus 1 and will see if it records just that channel or if it does Prime as well.

(I originally scheduled it to record Brokenwood by telling it to record the Brokenwood series on Prime plus 1 but it decided to record from Prime plus 1 and Prime, hence this thread, so just seeing if anything changed with the modded plugin).

arrbee99

I think, touch wood, that its only recording the channel I selected to record from now, so the Premiere League stuff I asked to record from channel Prime+1 did indeed just record from that channel and not from the standard Prime as well. Thanks.