issue with movies that came on multiple DVDs

bcm00re

bcm00re

I have a movie that is really a documentary that spans across two DVDs. Web and Android Emby do fine making available both parts, but on Roku I only see the initial part. I have another that was a mini-series spanning four discs, and with Roku I seemingly only have the ability to watch the first one. On the other apps I see the second+ parts under Additional Parts section that Roku doesn't have.

If you play the first part, the app will build on the others as a sequenced playlist. But you are right, you can only see the first one. There is no "Additional Parts" row. There should be. This can eventually get addressed. I might find time today to put something together.

I highly suggest you combine these into a single file.  There is absolutely no downside to doing that these days and it is very simple.

bcm00re

If I can get to the latter parts after watching the first one, then I can live with that. What if I just started the second part then stopped watching. When I come back to play it, it will still start right where I left off on the second part -- correct?

I went ahead and did the work to give you the missing additional parts row on the movies detail screen. This is now pending approval. I want you to be happy without cumbersome work required just to watch your items. It should be simple. It should just work like the web client does. I am sure they will value this addition and it will become part of the new beta. Apologies this wasn't there sooner. You can keep doing what you were doing without the burden of doing anything more. Thanks for the issue report. I like issues that can be solved very quickly.

Edited by speechles

• 1 year later...
bcm00re

In my folder I have files titled "Last Chance To See - disc1.m4v" and "Last Chance To See - disc2.m4v" but Emby only shows me one title "Last Chance To See" which only plays the first disc -- so there no way to play the second part.

Edited by bcm00re

Happy2Play

So a folder with a bunch of items in it?

Can you show a screenshot of how this appears in the Web client?

Happy2Play

@@Luke Does file stacking require a item folder?

If I have library pointing to Features with no folder structure

C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Features

\Last Chance To See - disc1.m4v

\Last Chance To See - disc2.m4v

Only disc1 is show in the UI

If I have a item folder the additional part is shown, questionable on why multi-version does not knick in.

C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Features

\Last Chance To See

\Last Chance To See - disc1.m4v

\Last Chance To See - disc2.m4v

Happy2Play

Yes it does. Probably the same issue as the other thread.

I think this many need updated in the wiki then.

Even though the example shows it.

Examples:

\Movies\Avatar (2009)\Avatar (2009)-cd1.mkv
\Movies\Avatar (2009)\Avatar (2009)-cd2.mkv

bcm00re

At one point this worked without the need of an additional folder (see old posts in this thread) but it is quite easy enough for me to add them. Thanks for the info!

I think this many need updated in the wiki then.

Even though the example shows it.

Examples:

\Movies\Avatar (2009)\Avatar (2009)-cd1.mkv
\Movies\Avatar (2009)\Avatar (2009)-cd2.mkv

This naming is fine. There needs to be an Avatar (2009) folder is what I meant.