Option to Hide "Media Info" section?

robjbw

vdatanet
4 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

And it's illegal and that's not what Emby is for.

Where do you get legal movies DRM free?

gsites
1 hour ago, crusher11 said:

And it's illegal and that's not what Emby is for.

So tell me a streeam platform that has this movie, so I don't need to download it to watch it,
 I want a platform to watch it, show me

Sunshine 1973

What silly talk, legal or illegal, each person must take care of themselves,
you don't need to keep telling anyone if it's illegal or illegal,
the community is to help with problems and not to be judge of fate or attitudes of anyone

There are no users here who need to be warned of what is legal or illegal,
this doesn't make the community grow,
it only causes silly and meaningless discussion,
just answer and help with problems and don't be judging others,
there are no children here to receive these kind of conversations

thank you

Edited by gsites
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
Painkiller8818

Any updates on this? These infos especially with the storage path is for admins only and should be hidden to normal users.

videopalace
On 3/14/2021 at 1:59 PM, Guest said:

Sorry for double post..

I think this works to COMPLETELY hide the media info section..

div.verticalSection.audioVideoMediaInfo {
    display: none;
}

More work could be done to modify this but this is what I did since the last post. 

Working in stable Emby version 4.5.4.0 using Microsoft Edge Browser Web UI.

This works for the app client. Only the other client apps should also pick up on this (what is a media server? > a server that controls all aspects of (app) clients using the media server, regardless of platform) including CSS, profile settings and media information displays.

So tune all apps to what the owner of the server sets (including CSS) in such a way that this can form a nice whole and that every admin can develop his own style. I have said :)

Happy2Play

If it were that easy.  All apps are not written in HTML code so they can not honor CSS. 

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, streamz4k said:

Yes a browser,  most apps/clients do not use that coding language so CSS can not be universal.

Or should I say the are similar but each platform has different code so what works for one does not work for another as they require their own specific language.

Edited by Happy2Play

2 hours ago, streamz4k said:

in which language are the apps written (especially the Android TV app)?

It varies per platform, but generally whatever is the native language for the platform.

• 1 month later...
lbcztian

Hi, I wonder if there is the option to hide the media info now, so that normal users won't be able to see both the file path and the added time.

I used a CSS to hide it on webclient, but they still show up on Android apps, which is a bit less convenient😥

Spegeli

This Request is open since 3 years and nothing happend so far? 

This is a 10 Minute thing to implant...Make it user specific or generic for all ppl who allowed to manage the server....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
unisoft

Personally, I know my media collection, my family doesn't need to see techy details polluting the screen estate.

Some people like it, but equally, a number do not.

Simple option "Show Media Info" - in the UI (administrator options for user accounts) or global option in config file at least. 

• Agree 2

FrostByte

I think ATV is one of the few clients with an option to hide the mediainfo on clients.  To me it's nice on the webclient where I do my admin stuff (can be turned off with css), but when viewing on the TV it is information overload and distracts from the viewing pleasure by my wife who understands nothing that is down there.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hi

Personally I would like the option to hide at the minimum the path info from all users except admins

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
fallenwitch3r

Anything new to this four year old question? @Lukesaid four years ago that this is a feature for the future. The Future is now.. but nothing new 

Edited by fallenwitch3r
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, fallenwitch3r said:

Anything new to this four year old question? @Lukesaid four years ago that this is a feature for the future. The Future is now.. but nothing new 

Hi, not yet, but it remains possible for future updates. Thanks.

cassete
On 15/11/2018 at 11:17, robjbw said:

Tentei. Mas não funciona. Por que é tão difícil implementar uma opção para se esconder nas configurações? Duvido que tantas pessoas se importem com a caixa de diálogo de informações da mídia. Ok, é bom tê-lo se você quiser saber as propriedades do arquivo selecionado, mas nos dá a opção de ocultá-lo. É bom ter uma tela limpa mostrando o filme atual, sinopse e suas bandeiras atuais (Blu-ray, 4k, se tiver legendas). Mas as informações da mídia contêm tanta bobagem que a maioria das pessoas não se importa em vê-las constantemente.

Realmente, nao há nescessidade desta infromação. Uma vez que ela ja esta presente em estatiscas para nerds. 

cassete
Em 20/07/2022 às 17:58, Lucas disse:

Olá, ainda não, mas continua possível para futuras atualizações. Obrigado.

Oi Lucas, 

Precisa mesmo fazer algumas atualizações no emby. Uma mudança geral. Limpar o app, de coisas ao meu ver desnecesarias. Já está na hora. Como investidores é hora de um respaldo mais rápido. Uma nova interface nos padroes Prime Video, Netflix, Disney, PopCorn etc. Ainda não passei para assinante vitalicio, na espera dessas mudanças. Aguardo feedback, obrigado luke.

Edited by cassete
  • Thanks 1

cassete

Olá Luke. Obrigado pelo seu feedback. As vezes dou opiniões etc, mas também reconheço o esforço e o ótimo trabalho que vocês fazem. Estão de parabéns, excelente e maravilhoso como sempre. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2022 at 4:58 PM, Luke said:

Hi, not yet, but it remains possible for future updates. Thanks.

Well can you point to the file(s) that generate this section?

I too agree with the numerous people previously.. I removed it on web client using display none !important on .audioVideoMediaInfo
It's really distracting and totally useless to anyone but admin.

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, BGman said:

Well can you point to the file(s) that generate this section?

You don't have access to this on every client, so what applies to the web client will not apply to all other clients.  You have already done what you can for the web client with css.

As the item.html only applies to the web client.

image.png.551f0aa290fc71925d39c02f38f7e1de.png

And the server has to have media info in the server to you cannot stop the server from creating this info as Emby will not play media without media info.

Edited by Happy2Play