Option to Hide "Media Info" section?

robjbw

Hi. Can you please add an option in the settings to hide the "Media Info" section? When using emby on my phone, it pretty much takes more then half of the page. On top of that, not having it be showing, it would clean up the page. At least gives us that option to hide it. Thanks.

• Like 21

Spaceboy

Rally not clear why this is shown at all for non admin users? You remove the file location but leave the media info?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Totally agree. I was just asking myself why this is showing on every entry. Other than for debugging there is no use for it. It's just cluttering the display.

If I get the summary info on top (ie. "4K h264" or similar), thats totally sufficient.

Tried it. But it does not work. Why so hard to implement an option to hide in in settings? I doubt so many people care about the Media info dialog. Okay, nice to have it if you want to know the properties of the selected file, but gives us an option to hide it. Nice to have a clean screen showing the current movie, synopsis and it's current flags (Blu-ray, 4k, if it has subs). But media info contains so much gibberish, that most people don't care seeing it constantly.

It's possible for the future. In the meantime, it is all the way down at the bottom of the detail screen so you should be able to just ignore it. Thanks.

Yeah, I'm living with it. Not a problem. But when this option is added, I'll be thrilled! Oh, and my other request would be for an automatic update of the server. As of now for my shield TV. I have to download the file,-put it into my Googgle drive-install it in my shield using solid explorer. No big deal, but would be nice that the update install automatically. No steps required then. But good work from you guys at emby. Thx.

Edited by robjbw

Yeah, I'm living with it. Not a problem. But when this option is added, I'll be thrilled! Oh, and my other request would be for an automatic update of the server. As of now for my shield TV. I have to download the file,-put it into my Googgle drive-install it in my shield using solid explorer. No big deal, but would be nice that the update install automatically. No steps required then. But good work from you guys at emby. Thx.

Hi.  Our Android server is only in beta. On the other platforms, the server does auto update.

daedalus

Maybe you could just hide it with custom CSS.

Tried it. But it does not work.

css overrride only works on the webclient

/* Hide Media Info */
#itemDetailPage > div.detailPageContent.padded-bottom-page.detailPageContent-nodetailimg > div.verticalSection.detailVerticalSection.audioVideoMediaInfo {display:none;}

Happy2Play

Tried it. But it does not work.

CSS works fine. But is dependent on how you connect to your server. Custom CSS does not work over online web client.

The CSS code does not work at all for me. The "media info" still shows. I'm not using the website client. Im using through my LAN. And I'm using the emby app for Android and Android TV. CSS code does not hide/collapse the media info. Maybe I'm using the code the wrong way? For the time being, I'm using emby for Kodi in Kodi.

Happy2Play

The CSS code does not work at all for me. The "media info" still shows. I'm not using the website client. Im using through my LAN. And I'm using the emby app for Android and Android TV. CSS code does not hide/collapse the media info. Maybe I'm using the code the wrong way? For the time being, I'm using emby for Kodi in Kodi.

Every app/client is designed differently so there is no one step fixes all.  You need to be specific on the app/client this appears in as it isn't a issue in any app I use.

• 4 months later...
robjbw

Every app/client is designed differently so there is no one step fixes all. You need to be specific on the app/client this appears in as it isn't a issue in any app I use.

Of course there is a "one step fixes all". It's called an "option". Probably located in the settings with the option to hide "Media Info" or "Show media info"... like an "On/Off" switch. Right now there isn't such option but there could be.

There's a lot to consider of where we would want to put this. For example, an option in each app, a user permission to see media info, etc.

I guess the answer comes down to why do you want to hide it, is it to reduce clutter, or because you don't want users to see those details.

• 5 months later...

There's a lot to consider of where we would want to put this. For example, an option in each app, a user permission to see media info, etc.

I guess the answer comes down to why do you want to hide it, is it to reduce clutter, or because you don't want users to see those details.

Yes, it's to reduce clutter. Currently, I'm using the app for Android. When in a movie screen, the "Media Info" just takes too much space. Yes, I'm ignoring it. But why not hide it?. Just throwing out there that in "PLEX" they have a button to show the "More Info" section. So, it colapses to display all that mumble jumble info. Most inspirations are copied from rivals, so maybe take that little nice feature from PLEX playbook and incorporate into Emby?. Thx.

Edited by robjbw
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I think this would be a nice option..

Even a simple add-in for the CSS to Linkify 'Media Info', then have it roll-up/down ( like a drop down animation/drawer ) and only have there displayed when needed as that link. 👍

The long would be to implement it as an option for 'Profile' tab. ( tick/no tick )

Sorry for double post..

I think this works to COMPLETELY hide the media info section..

div.verticalSection.audioVideoMediaInfo {
    display: none;
}

More work could be done to modify this but this is what I did since the last post. 

Working in stable Emby version 4.5.4.0 using Microsoft Edge Browser Web UI.

• 3 months later...
gsites

I think it's important because many files we download from the web have spam included in the audio, video and subtitle titles.emby-titulo-embutido-em-media.jpg.fa0ab5904a928737f58e1baa66d89264.jpg

gsites

Wow! what a good idea!!!!
Let's stop using the emby, or the plex, and of course subscribe to every streaming platform that exists, I never thought of that!!!!

come on, hbo, primevideo, netflix, and also pay for individual hits for 15 days to watch a movie.

You're right, let's follow your idea!!

Brilliant Review!!
Good luck

Edited by gsites

gsites
3 hours ago, gsites said:

Wow! what a good idea!!!!
Let's stop using the emby, or the plex, and of course subscribe to every streaming platform that exists, I never thought of that!!!!

come on, hbo, primevideo, netflix, and also pay for individual hits for 15 days to watch a movie.

You're right, let's follow your idea!!

Brilliant Review!!
Good luck

sorry I forgot to talk.

I have all subscriptions, netflix, hbomax, disneyplus, primevideo and paramound.
But even with all these subscriptions, there are movies that are not in any of them, so I prefer to download some movies that I don't find and I like to watch, especially old movies. That's my opinion, and that's how I do it.