Photo

Interconnected TV Series

TV Sort Collections Filter

Best Answer Luke , 31 October 2018 - 03:34 PM

With the next release of the server you'll have an easier time creating and managing collections of TV series. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 peharbison OFFLINE  

peharbison

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 08:00 PM

Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:58 PM

Maybe I'm just not seeing the correct set of options, but here's the issue I'm dealing with:

A user wants to watch all of the "Arrowverse" shows, which include Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and Legends. At several points in those series, they overlap and cross-over. So the order in which the episodes should be watched is based on the premiere dates of episodes in ALL of these series, not just one of them. (It occurs to me that another historical example would Buffy and Angel...)

At first glance, it seems this calls for the introduction of something similar to the Collections in Movies, so that related series can be identified, and the "Play All" option would switch between series as needed to view content in the correct order. Am I wrong?

Thanks for all the great work so far!

#2 Spaceboy ONLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3754 posts
  • Local time: 02:00 AM

Posted 31 October 2018 - 01:04 PM

Playlists?

#3 peharbison OFFLINE  

peharbison

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 01:40 PM

So assuming you're not implying that I spend a couple hours manually adding the individual episodes (for four series that are still in progress), as that is the exact kind of work I'm looking to a computer to save me from: Are there sort and filter options available within a playlist that I'm not seeing? Because simply adding the four series to a playlist means the episodes are in series order, not premiere date across the entire playlist.

#4 snodrog742 OFFLINE  

snodrog742

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 03:32 PM

This is something we were after for the "Chicago" series (Med, PD, Fire, etc.). I was only able to accomplish it with Plex.

#5 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 129476 posts
  • Local time: 09:00 PM

Posted 31 October 2018 - 03:34 PM   Best Answer

With the next release of the server you'll have an easier time creating and managing collections of TV series.
  • peharbison likes this

#6 peharbison OFFLINE  

peharbison

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 03:51 PM

Great to hear. Thanks!

#7 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 44948 posts
  • Local time: 09:00 PM

Posted 31 October 2018 - 04:27 PM

You will be able to view TV collections more easily but it won't be exactly what you are asking for here.  There really isn't any public data to define these types of situations but it has come up before.

Watching multiple shows in broadcast order.

Crossover TV series?

#8 Spaceboy ONLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3754 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:17 AM

So assuming you're not implying that I spend a couple hours manually adding the individual episodes (for four series that are still in progress), as that is the exact kind of work I'm looking to a computer to save me from: Are there sort and filter options available within a playlist that I'm not seeing? Because simply adding the four series to a playlist means the episodes are in series order, not premiere date across the entire playlist.

no that’s exactly what I’m implying. It’s the only way of doing what you want at present. I don’t think it’s right, I have a similar open request for playlist reordering to be respected so I can manually create a playlist for the marvel cinematic universe

#9 EpsilonLiege OFFLINE  

EpsilonLiege

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:15 PM

no that’s exactly what I’m implying. It’s the only way of doing what you want at present. I don’t think it’s right, I have a similar open request for playlist reordering to be respected so I can manually create a playlist for the marvel cinematic universe

Also I think there could be a few bugs. I just tried to re-order my playlist and the re-order won't save...

#10 PenkethBoy OFFLINE  

PenkethBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3269 posts
  • LocationWarrington,UK

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:17 PM

yes been reported many times

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TV, Sort, Collections, Filter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users