Orsay 0.122

pellinore

pellinore

I just updated to 0.122 and I'm having problems.  When I select at show or movie the screen will switch that medias page but I can't select anything like play/resume.  I can press the play button on my remote and it will start playing.

I also can't select any of the options in the settings that have a check box, for example I want to turn off the seasonal themes and I can't.

FrostByte

Yes,

When the movie details screen shows up none of the buttons have focus and you can't navigate.  There is also a constant spinning circle on the details page that never stops unless you click OK on the remote.  However, once you click OK you still can't navigate on that screen and none of the buttons have focus still.  The only thing you can do is click Return, but it starts the spinning circle again the next time you go back in the details screen.

The Play button on the 2014 remote works to start a movie, but the Play button on the remote that came with my Tizen TV doesn't do anything.  In fact it does nothing in the Tizen app on my 2018 either.  I'll submit a bug report for that one once the newer version is available for 2018 Premium sets.   So hopefully this isn't an issue with people who have a Tizen version newer than .29 (.29 doesn't have themes)

Also, can't turn off the theme.

Could this be related to the theme?  I never had this issue with the RC.  Also, once I was real quick and navigated to the movie info screen before the theme loaded and the Play button was in focus and I could click Play and watch the movie

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 2

FrostByte

It looks like the details page isn't fully loading before the circle comes up.  Some of the media icons never load (1080P, etc).  If you click the Play button on your remote and Pause and then Return back to the media page from there then all the media icons load and the Play button has focus and you can then click on the Resume or Play icons on the screen

Edited by FrostByte

pellinore

Yes,

When the movie details screen shows up none of the buttons have focus and you can't navigate.  There is also a constant spinning circle on the details page that never stops unless you click OK on the remote.  However, once you click OK you still can't navigate on that screen and none of the buttons have focus still.  The only thing you can do is click Return, but it starts the spinning circle again the next time you go back in the details screen.

The Play button on the remote works, but not all the newer remotes have one so I had to switch back to my older remote.  Though I think most of the Orsay TVs came with remotes with a Play buttons Tizen TVs do not and would have an issue with this.

Also, can't turn off the theme.

Could this be related to the theme?  I never had this issue with the RC.  Also, once I was real quick and navigated to the movie info screen before the theme loaded and the Play button was in focus and I could click Play and watch the movie

This is exactly what is happening.

Ok then I guess in that case we'll just have to re-evaluate this in 12 hours once the theme has passed.

SilentAssassin

Having the exact same issue with the ORSAY app, and it is definitely related to the seasonal theme. On my 40inch h6400 Samsung TV's I managed to turn off the seasonal theme and I could watch things. However on my main TV a 55inch h6400, I can't uncheck the seasonal theme so can't really watch anything, which has ruined my Halloween night movie session.

• Like 1

pellinore

Having the exact same issue with the ORSAY app, and it is definitely related to the seasonal theme. On my 40inch h6400 Samsung TV's I managed to turn off the seasonal theme and I could watch things. However on my main TV a 55inch h6400, I can't uncheck the seasonal theme so can't really watch anything, which has ruined my Halloween night movie session.

On mine I can still play media.  I am not able to select anything but if I hit the play button on the TV remote it will play.  You can give that a try.

• Like 1

pellinore

In the display options you can't uncheck the box labeled "Allow automatic seasonal themes"

I can not check or uncheck any option that is a check box.  I am able to choose options that have a dropdown box.

FrostByte

Same, I can't click on any of the check boxes in settings either.

I'm still having the problem today of the spinning circle and the details page not fully loading though.  The Halloween theme stopped, so it doesn't appear that was preventing it from loading. 

It's almost like the issue there was with the subtitles page before which is now fixed.  If I play with the arrow keys long enough I can sometimes get the Play button to have the focus and the page loads and I can then click Play on the screen.

SilentAssassin

When was the update to 0.122? Did it just coincide with the seasonal theme. As @@FrostByte says it is still happening even now. The fact that my 40inch h6400 must just have been because it didn't have the update.

Is the issue being looked at, as its pretty much rendered Emby useless on ORSAY Samsung TVs.

FrostByte

When was the update to 0.122? Did it just coincide with the seasonal theme. As @@FrostByte says it is still happening even now. The fact that my 40inch h6400 must just have been because it didn't have the update.

Is the issue being looked at, as its pretty much rendered Emby useless on ORSAY Samsung TVs.

You should be able to click the Play > button on your remote to start video as a work around for now.  Hopefully your remote has those media keys.  At least it works for me.

SamES says he's looking at the issue right now.  

• 2 weeks later...
FrostByte

A fix is already made for both the mediainfo pages not fully loading problem and the check boxes not working problem.  Luke is working with Samsung - hopefully he comes back with some good news.

Edited by FrostByte

rbjtech

Thanks for the quick investigation guys - I can confirm the bug has hit the Samsung UE40H5500 too - but play on the remote (a few times) appears to start the stream ok.

M4TTD9TX

It is really annoying as our main 65" living room tv is the last we're replacing around the house to have Orsay, and this bug keeps defaulting to streaming our media from the cloud first*, rather than direct playing.

Playing, pausing/stopping, going back, then again in to the item, playing, pausing/stopping, going back and only then managing to click resume is the only way to get it play direct again. For clarity, going back the first time doesn't display resume etc; we have to repeat the process.

*Thankfully not all of our media is cloud based, but the aforementioned process is the only way we get it to play directly (for 5.1 audio).

@@Luke / @@FrostByte, any idea when Samsung will allow the update please, or how we can revert back to the previous version?

• 4 weeks later...