Fuzzy Search

nmkaufman
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

nmkaufman

Would it ever be possible to allow search to find files when the search terms are out of order?

Find, for instance: 2018-10-30 Vacation North Carolina.jpg

When searching for North Carolina Vacation?

This would be absolutely HUGE for me, because i rename my files based on 'tags' but my hierarchy isn't always 100% consistent.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
nmkaufman

Wait, I might be an idiot.

I installed the beta again, today, and is the search actually any different?

I've realized since my (admittedly brief) test, that the files I happened to search for were palindromic, and worked even in 3.5.

nmkaufman

Like my original example, it didn't seem like I could find a files titled "Vacation North Carolina" by searching " North Carolina Vacation" or vice versa.

It handles incomplete words (searching "olina" for example,) but all terms need to be in the correct order.

Edited by nmkaufman

MikePlanet

Well yes I can reproduce, that is strange. I might have to look through sqlite 3.26.0 issue reports @@MikePlanet

@@Luke - I noticed that behaviour too in my tests - can you pm me the code snippets you use for the FTS seach, then I can take a look. (we also should implement the partial search imho, wihich is still missing plus the extended field search - however, this is another topic)

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Or is it a "work in progress" for a future release?

MikePlanet

Or is it a "work in progress" for a future release?

;-) ... I had a look at it and if I am not wrong and it is not a bug on the sqlite plugin, it is a very small change ... of course "for a future release" - how could you get it in a past one  :-)