A few apple tv (gen 4) issues.

Karl Blixt

Karl Blixt

After messing about with the Gen 4 emby client for a while I have noticed a few issues:

1: theme music for movies aren't playing even though the movies have theme music and it works on all other clients. Even more strange is that theme music for TV shows work. (mp3)

1b: while theme music works in the TV show library, it resets the theme song every time you swap menu.

2: actors showing links to movies not available in the library? The metadata for these movies are not available on any other client. Its like some sort undeleted link to a movie from my old library that should now be removed entirely.

3: some series not showing the episode thumbnail in the "up next" section after the first item.

4: when playing some items for the first time it gives a very long loadingscreen. Stop the players and press play again and it sometimes starts playing as it should and sometimes the loadingscreen remain.

5: issues playing trailers for movies. Trailers are in mp4.

5b: some movies that have a working trailer in other clients the Apple tv don't even recognize have a trailerat all so the trailer botton won't even appear.

Edited by Karl Blixt

5b: some movies that have a working trailer in other clients the Apple tv don't even recognize have a trailerat all so the trailer botton won't even appear.

These are probably YouTube trailers that are not playable from this app.

Karl Blixt

Can you describe the trailer issue? thanks.

I press play trailer, followed by a short loading circle, the i get a black screen with another loading circle. Then 5 seconds later or so I get a message that says: "an error occurred loading this content" with an ok button. Pressing OK brings me back to the detail page.

These are probably YouTube trailers that are not playable from this app.

Ah, yes that's probably the case.

• 3 weeks later...

3: some series not showing the episode thumbnail in the "up next" section after the first item.

Same problem here with 2-part movies