Fritzbox 6590 Cable & Emby

MarcWinter

MarcWinter

Hi,

I'm just trying to get my Fritzbox 6590 to work with Emby for Live-TV.

The Fritzbox create an m3u-file containing all channels. The entries look somewhat like this:

#EXTINF:0,Das Erste HD
#EXTVLCOPT:network-caching=1000
rtsp://192.168.0.1:554/?avm=1&freq=330&bw=8&msys=dvbc&mtype=256qam&sr=6900&specinv=1&pids=0,16,17,18,20,6000,6010,1176,2172,2173,5108,6020,6021,6022,6030,6031,6070

The M3U works perfectly with VLC.

To configure the Live-TV, I added a M3U-Tuner, supplying the channel list-link from the Fritzbox.

After this, I go to the the Home-page of Emby and select "Live-TV", in Channels I get a list of all channels. When I click on one, Emby is caching for a while and then starts to play the TV-channel. After one or two seconds it comes to a complete stop (show quite a lot of compression artifacts). After a few seconds it continues for another second and then comes to a full stop.

Changing the settings for parallel stream limit to 2 didn't change anything (as suspected), setting the Auto-Loop option made the player crash instantly without any playback.

Am I missing something?

Best regards,

Marc

Lavaground

I have my own 6490@Unitymedia setup with m3u (even mixed SD and HD Channels in there) and it works as intended. Yes there are a couple of artifacts in the beginning, but after a couple of seconds its smooth.

Is your 6590 provided by your ISP or did you buy it on your own, too?

Autoloop off and Limit is 0.

SchedulesDirect for EPG

Are you trying to watch SD or HD? nwm i see it's HD based on your entry. Do you have the same problem with SD channels?

Additionally: You can login to your FB and check your connection under "DVB-C -> LiveTV"

Edited by Lavaground

MarcWinter

Is your 6590 provided by your ISP or did you buy it on your own, too?

Are you trying to watch SD or HD? nwm i see it's HD based on your entry. Do you have the same problem with SD channels?

Additionally: You can login to your FB and check your connection under "DVB-C -> LiveTV"

Hello Lavaground,

The 6590 was bought on my own but is registered to Unitymedia properly.

I've tried both: SD and HD, with the same results. I tried Emby on Webbrowser as well as on FireTV, but it seems that the server has a problem. After trying to play a TV channel, nothing else is working until I restart the emby server.

The connection on the FB looks fine. One of the tuners starts transmitting once I call a TV channel on Emby and stays open until I shut down the server - even after leaving the channel in the client.
Regarding your frist two questions: I'm quite positive that it's not a problem with the FB or the prodivder as everything works perfectly using VLC on my computer or DreamTV on FireTV or the Fritz App TV on Android. They all work without problems in SD as well as in HD.

Lavaground

The tuner gives some infos about your connection to it.

My FB closes the tuner instantly after i leave the LiveTV feature. Maybe it's a first hint.

I'm suspecting something like: The sever tries to reconnect to the tuner which is already used.

What are your logs revealing?