ShieldTV Poster Art

shackbill
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

shackbill

Just installed the Server (v3.6.0.58) to my Shield TV Pro and added a couple Libraries. It seems REALLY slow (~ 8 hrs so far) to assign poster/cover art to each movie and many of the ones that are assigned don't really look like the movie poster.  I installed the MovieDB plugin and set it as primary - then i restarted the server and rescanned but it didn't seem to make a difference.  I DID enable Chapter images so is it possible that is what is slowing things down. I only have about 2000 movies in this one library. I also created a TV show library and none of the metadata for those is populating at all (except one i did manually). I'm also a Plex user so im accustomed to seeing regular movie posters which i think also come from TMDB and also IMDB?  Is there no TVDB meta available for Emby other than FanArt?

Do i just need to wait longer. I originally tested the server on my W10 box and it was super fast - cataloging everything in probably less than 5 minutes. 

Edit:  I just noticed the server says it is up to date.. so im guessing it just didnt assign meta to alot of stuff?

Otherwise, i think i prefer the look and feel of Emby and it looks like it has great editing and backup capabilities. One thing i already noticed that is different from the Windows version - the Android TV version doesnt appear to list the number of Movies or TV Series in the Library. Is it a setting somewhere or something you may be adding?

Apologies about all these questions at once but i really want to get this setup so i can test it completely.  Oh, is the Beta period almost done?

Thanks 

bill

post-373565-0-40221000-1540858704_thumb.jpg

post-373565-0-57411500-1540858710_thumb.jpg

Edited by shackbill

Hi.  Generating chapter thumbs for 2,000 movies is going to slow things WAY down.  I suggest turning that off until you get a clean first scan.

shackbill

Sounds like a good idea i will try that and rescan. Seems like some of the cover art that it did get is different from the cover art on my Windows install version? Will see what this rescan does and report back. thanks.

shackbill

Still no luck. I deleted the old library and started from scratch. I only added 1 folder which is about 500 movies. Some got poster art right away but most of them nothing. I tried to do a manual metadata refresh still nothing.  Seems to work if i go into each movie individually and do refresh metadata but that would take a REALLY long time for 2000 movies. I hope there's a better way. ideas? By the way, All of my TV series (92) which total probably a couple thousand episodes configured fine.

shackbill

movies are named by MOVIENAME (YEAR) and are all listed in the root folder. Exceptions are movies that have sequels such as Rocky, Spiderman, Planet of the Apes.. etc Also, movies that  have extras are also put into their own folder. They are all either mp4 or MKV containers

Reminder, all of these movies cataloged with no problem on my Windows 10 install of EMBY Server. Im only having these issues with Shield TV version.

post-373565-0-75713300-1540959643_thumb.jpg

shackbill

I realize that  but, is there something i can do to fix it or is it just a dev issue? Is there a log or anything i can provide to assist? thanks.

Ok then I would just do that. You can also do it at the library level if desired.

As far as why this happened in the first place, we'd have to look at the server log from when you first added the library.

As far as slow performance, we'd have to look at the server log. Thanks.

shackbill

You want me to refresh all 2000 movies individualy? That's not realistic. I have thousands more files in other categories as well. That would take a really long time. There's got to be a better solution.

Why do you feel that way? I'm testing that right now and it's working just fine.

Unfortunately, we don't have an easy way for you to monitor individual folder based refreshes, so that might lead you into thinking that it's not working. But you can see the activity in the server log.

shackbill

I feel that way? When I refresh at the library level I can see the percentage go to 100% but the poster Art never gets populated. Itb simply doesn't work. Do you have capability to remote access?

shackbill

I installed the latest update (3.6.0.60) and added some more folders and it appears the problem is solved thanks.