Latest Version

7illusions

marcelovz
Hello

After the last update (yesterday) Emby for Windows 8.1 now it´s loading, but there is a problem with subtitles.

The external subtitles like .srt don't work, only embed subtitles like vosub and idx are working.

And if I turn off my subtitle during the movie, the movie stop and dont restart to play.

Thanks for your attention.

Edited by marcelovz

marcelovz
Hello

After the last update (yesterday) Emby for Windows 8.1 now it´s loading, but there is a problem with subtitles.

The external subtitles like .srt don't work, only embed subtitles like vosub and idx are working.

And if I turn off my subtitle during the movie, the movie stop and dont restart to play.

Thanks for your attention.

marcelovz

Hi

after update (today) Emby for Windows 8.1 is still with the same problem.
External subtitle (.srt) don't work (not showed in cc options). Only embed subtitle like sub idx work. And if I turn off my subtitle the movie stop, begin to reload and never more play. One more problem, can't see option to chage audio track in dual or multi audio movies.
Thanks again.

marcelovz

Same problem to me in Windows 8.1 Pro x64.

After update from windows store (today) The app opens to the splash screen then closes after a few seconds and keeps opened in taskbar but dont work.

I hope that the developer fix this issue because it's a paid app.

We waiting for a solution.

Thanks

Sorry for disturb you again but

after update (today) Emby for Windows 8.1 is still with the same problem.

External subtitle (.srt) don't work (not showed in cc options). Only embed subtitle like sub idx work. And if I turn off my subtitle the movie stop, begin to reload and never more play. One more problem, can't see option to chage audio track in dual or multi audio movies.

Thanks again.

7illusions

Strange that .srt isn't detected, that's the only kind of subs I use and I can't reproduce this.

Do you have them named correctly?

They should be in the same folder as the Movie, with the same name but with a language tag also, like this "MyMovie.eng.srt"

techywarrior

I'm having a lot of problems with subtitles lately and the app. I have a bunch of shows/movies as MKV files with subtitles in them which work fine in the web client but in the Win 8/10 app the subtitles don't show in the menu. I click the subtitle icon and no menu appears (as if there are no subtitles available, but the icon is not grayed out).

Using it more now on my tablet and I think that the touch interface really could use some work. I can't even really tell the difference between when I choose mouse/keyboard and touch optimized interface. The touch interface should have much larger buttons/icons. I'm constintly having to use the edge of my finger or nail to press buttons accuretly. language, subtitle etc. on the player, next/cancel on the next up dialog (which is really touch since they are stacked and if you miss you press the opposite of when you mean)

marcelovz

Strange that .srt isn't detected, that's the only kind of subs I use and I can't reproduce this.

Do you have them named correctly?

They should be in the same folder as the Movie, with the same name but with a language tag also, like this "MyMovie.eng.srt"

Yes

All is correct.

In Emby Web the movie show me all disponible subtitles,

but in Emby for Windows 8 (pc)  only the embed subtitle appear, and in the CC menu the .srt is not showed,

and as I said, if I turn off my subtitle, the movie stop and don't load anymore, keeps eternal loading and dont play

and I have to close the app.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
mohamadredzuan9

hi guys..i want to ask you about which the best os such as Windows 8 & Windows 10..which from thats Os,the best to isnstall and not difficult..

Sent from my GT-I8552 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
trusselo

can we get the homepage to refresh..... sometime.  or a button

sometimes I watch several items that are showing on the homepage (new items), and after watching they are still there until i close and re-open the app.

It would also be nice for the odd time if each item menu had a "refresh data" button in the 3 dot menu.

• Like 1

To refresh items on the home page just select a different page eg movies or tv depending on what your setup is, then go back and it will update for you. Been a bugbear of mine for ages too. Hoping for a fix in the new verson.

In my opinion, playing an item to or past the point where it is marked as watched should automatically trigger a refresh of all of the associated pages.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

Edited by jordy
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
vick1982

Hi.. have bought the app and also got someone to buy it...

it wont work when outside of home network... i am using https... use same settings as for android app which works fine..

the screen just goes black when trying  to play after the first login.. then when closing the app an opening it again it just asks to log in again... and the loop continues..

• 6 months later...

The new ember for emby looks great BUT it broke my NPVR. it worked before (after some delay) but now it does not work at all. Any ideas?

Both server and client are on the same computer (win10 pro).

Hi agood

Can you provide a few more details? By broke I assume you mean live tv won't stream? or no guide ?. It will help sort it

Just to add a big THANK YOU to the devs. Emby is by far the best app out there; versatile with plugins and where you run it; integrates all needed features: folders, playlists, LiveTV play and stream to anywhere (phone apps, desktops); just love it!

Hi agood

Can you provide a few more details? By broke I assume you mean live tv won't stream? or no guide ?. It will help sort it

Hi Vicpa, thanks for the help; I use NPVR as the Live TV backend and when I open Ember for Emby app on Win10 pro there are no channels displayed on the guide; LiveTV directly on NPVR works

Edited by agood

Ah,

There are lots of moving parts with live tv, so I always start with the basics, so bear with me if you have tried all of this. :)

First check that the server is working as expected. ( it serves up the guide etc)

The easiest way is see if the guide and channels are shown in the web client. If they are you know your setup is correct and it is an app issue. If not, then that is the place to look.

Edited by Vicpa

Hey, I am happy to go through the steps again as I might have missed something

OK:

- NPVR: LiveTV works; channels found

- Emby: the server runs as a service, no guide

- Emby (Ember): shows all folders and music etc but no guide

Hi,

Even running as a service you should be able to open the web client. Just point a browser at localhost:8096. Unless you have changed the port.

• 1 year later...
arrbee99

I see Ember is up to 4.5.292.0. Is there a change log somewhere ?

Anyway, from what I (think I've) spotted, there is more consistency in sizes of images in general, which is nice (but actor images are still pretty small).

The guide channel logos have moved from right to left and the ordinary typed name has disappeared - good or bad ? don't know. Logos still vary in size, maybe that's just the rubbishy ones I provided ?

New settings roundy things are nice, but the text for the unselected items is somewhat on the small size.

• Like 1