Failed download to External Storage

MidKnight

MidKnight

Any updates on this?, it's been awhile and not having the ability to download content to external storage is very inconvenient

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Okler

Hello,
I have now purchased Premiere and found that the problem has still not been fixed. It's over half a year old now and hasn't been fixed yet - please fix it urgently!
Meanwhile I also have Android 9, so this didn't help either.
Emby Server and Emby Android are up to date.
I am extremely disappointed.

Dibbes

Hello,

I have now purchased Premiere and found that the problem has still not been fixed. It's over half a year old now and hasn't been fixed yet - please fix it urgently!

Meanwhile I also have Android 9, so this didn't help either.

Emby Server and Emby Android are up to date.

I am extremely disappointed.

Is this a customized ROM, like Lineage or something or is this a stock-rom? I found that with my S8 on stock firmware this works, on Lineage this does not work at all...

Okler

Like stated in one of my first posts -> it is Lineage OS (actually version 16 (Android 9))

I just wonder why only emby has this problems - all other apps can store without any problem on my external SD.

dotcom

Just got a Galaxy S5e with 400gb sd card. Let’s hope 9.0 external storage gets fixed soon.

Thanks for working on it guys!

silkz

Is this a customized ROM, like Lineage or something or is this a stock-rom? I found that with my S8 on stock firmware this works, on Lineage this does not work at all...

I've also noticed the same thing. I have devices on stock, Lineage 15.1 and Lineage16. The LineageOS ones aren't able to sync to SD card still (any of them 15.1 or 16), this is on a phone, tablet and a ShieldTV.

What I've done is use a Magisk module to junction/symlink the internal memory folder Emby uses for offline storage to a folder on my external SD. This works fine till Luke and the Team can sort this issue out.

Dibbes

Stock s5e doesn’t work

What's that, Marshmellow? If it is, that version has more than one issue in general...

darkassassin07

After installing the app apk luke posted here. I switched my download location back to external storage and attempted to download an album. As expected it failed, but that was mainly to produce a log just to see how that looks. While doing that I noticed my sd card was no longer accessible at all. It was before I tried to download with emby, but as soon as emby tries to download something to it, the card becomes inaccessible to other apps like file browsers and media players. I had to open android settings, eject the sd card, then remount it to access it again.

After all that, suddenly emby successfully downloaded everything I had queued (1 album with 26 songs in it).

here is the log file from that en-devour if its helpful

emby for android v3.0.50

android v8.0.0 (moto z2 play)

0c6775f1-84a6-4c83-b3e8-18bd365ba6ce.log

Edited by darkassassin07
  • Like 1

dotcom

I'm running andoird v9. I installed that apk linked above and no dice. I formatted it, ejected it, remounted it and only folders get created as shown in the attachment. The download icon pops up at the top of the android for about 1 second then disappears. 0 items get added to the tablet. I switched back to internal to flip to external and it started downloading to internal. After setting back to external folders get created but no downloads.

5cf0615c5cf27_photo_20190530_160005.jpg

Edited by dotcom

• 3 weeks later...
ScifiContinuum

Is this still an issue? I cannot get my Sony Xperia XZ3 or my Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e to download to an external SD card. Internals works fine. 

I have tried the Beta version and the main release of Emby for Android. Currently running Android 9 on both devices.

ToyContinuum

Is this still an issue? I cannot get my Sony Xperia XZ3 or my Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e to download to an external SD card. Internals works fine. 

I have tried the Beta version and the main release of Emby for Android. Currently running Android 9 on both devices.

Posted under wrong account.

Log.txt

Edited by ToyContinuum

darkassassin07

Yes it is.

We have not yet received an update as I'm still running the same version I initially reported the issue with.

emby for android v3.0.50 (apk linked above)

android v8.0.0 (moto z2 play

• Like 1

Still a problem for me. Oreo and Pie. LineageOS, AICP, and OmniROM as well as stock rooted Shield TV and stock Xiaomi Mi Box S (to external USB). Of all our devices its only working on stock Samsung OneUI.

neik

(...) stock rooted Shield TV and stock Xiaomi Mi Box S (to external USB). (...).

Wondering how you are trying sync to your Shield / Mi Box as the AndroidTV app does not have this feature (afaik)?

Wondering how you are trying sync to your Shield / Mi Box as the AndroidTV app does not have this feature (afaik)?

Both devices are travel devices for me. One goes with me to my beach house and the other for general travel. I side load the Android app on the Mibox S and I just do a Titanium restore on the ShieldTV gen 1. It works fine for me so it should work for you as well. I have a gen 2 Shield TV running LineageOS that stays in my guest room, which I recently switched over to Emby for Android as well. I overall prefer it to the AndroidTV version, as it has overall more features.