New (?) Ratings in Kodi

AllesMeins

AllesMeins

I'm a bit confused - today I did a reset of my Kodi DB and now some strange ratings started to show up for approx half of my movies (as far as I can tell on a scale from 0 to 100 - stored in the "your rating" field of kodis movie information). I've never seen them before. Is this a new feature? If yes, why do only certain movies get these ratings?

I'm using an emby 3.5.3.0 server, Kodi for emby 3.1.32a and Kodi 17.6

Edited by AllesMeins

sualfred

These are Rotten Tomatoe ratings. We use the UserRating system of Kodi to display them, because user ratings weren't supported by the plugin anyway.

AllesMeins

Ah, great! Thanks for the explanation. But i notice that the score is only displayed for some movies - about half don't have a score even more recent ones that are definitely on Rotten Tomatoes. Is it because they were in my library before you started scraping for the ratings? Is there a way to fix it and get ratings for (almost) all my movies?

sualfred

It's available for all movies that have one stored on the Emby server.

Just run a database repair for your movies. This will drop your movie items and readds them.

sualfred

Nope. But each skin handles them differently. Some of them don't even support the userrating value.

AllesMeins

Sorry to jump in on this, but is there a way to prevent the ratings from being displayed in Kodi?

Depends on your Skin. Estuary, the default skin, has an option "display Ratings" which you can set to "None". Other skins might handle it differently...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
NightwingDG

I've never seen the ratings occur until today. How do I disable them? I looked in the Kodi settings but it's not there, I'm using Estuary skin.

I've never seen the ratings occur until today. How do I disable them? I looked in the Kodi settings but it's not there, I'm using Estuary skin.

At a lack of better answer/solution, the only way you'd be able to do that RIGHT NOW that I know off is server-side.

Angelblue05

I suppose it would be possible to make this optional.

NightwingDG

I uninstalled all Emby add-ons and did a database reset then reinstalled and it went away. How would you do this from the server side? Aside from individually removing the rating score from each movie in Metadata Manager?

Thanks guys!

sualfred

In Estuary go to settings -> interface -> configure skin -> general -> "choose rating to display for media items" and set it to "none" and the user rating (rotten rating) won't be displayed.

Afaik this is also the default configuration on a new installation of Kodi

NightwingDG

I'm on Expert mode and there is no option that says that. I never changed any settings in here to make them start appearing either.

All I can think of is, I did install some plugins from the "Public testing" folder and installed some Dependencies from beta versions a couple of weeks ago. I removed everything and went with the current stable 1.0.3 and now the ratings are gone.

Angelblue05

I'm on Expert mode and there is no option that says that. I never changed any settings in here to make them start appearing either.

All I can think of is, I did install some plugins from the "Public testing" folder and installed some Dependencies from beta versions a couple of weeks ago. I removed everything and went with the current stable 1.0.3 and now the ratings are gone.

It's an addition in the beta version to add rotten tomatoes rating into Kodi. It's not an internal setting in Kodi that made it do that. It's the add-on itself and as I said in the above post, I'll make it optional.

• 1 month later...
sualfred

It's optional for both addons.

And you always can disable them in the Estuary skin settings.