Problem Updating to Server 3.5.3.0-16

Brecon

OK So i have an Synology 918+ and from this morning have been trying to update from 3.5.3.0-8 to 3.5.3.0-16. I get reply won't update due to unknown publisher..I have set Synology yo know publishers only..I have twice deleted Emby LCC package source and re-installed it in the hope it would be ok, but still getting the same error. I don't want to enable any publisher as this might not be safe..I'm not really computer savay so would appreciate a little help.

Edited by Brecon

Just noticed also when i go into my emby server dashboard it says my server is upto date, but in Synology server is it wants to update to 3.5.3.0-16

solabc16

Hello @@Brecon

The number after the dash is the package version, so this is Emby Server stable 3.5.3.0 package version 16.

If you look under Package Center -> Settings -> Certificate, has DSM added the certificate for Emby LLC?

Did anything on your system change between installing 3.5.3.0-8 and now?

Best

- James

Hi James, Thanks for replying..The certificate is present the only thing some weeks ago after reading an acticle about safety my setting was always set to any publishers but i changed that to Synology inc and trusted publishers

So when i done the update to 3.5.3.0-8 it was set to any publishers, i'm pretty sure if i revert back to that it will update, but not sure if that is the correct thing to do...Any thoughts

solabc16

Hello @@Brecon

That's the correct setting, so you shouldn't be having any issues; I can see a number of successful downloads so far for the updated 'apollolake' package.

I've just republished the package (just in case), can you let me know if you are still seeing the same issue. The signature appears good...

Checking Signature...
gpg: Signature made Sun 28 Oct 2018 09:10:27 AM UTC using RSA key ID xxxxxxxx
gpg: Good signature from "Emby LLC (Synology Package Repository for Emby) <removed>"
DONE

Best

- James
Edited by solabc16

James, tried to update again but this time is just continued to try and update for approx 30 mins until i refreshed the page and just went back to asking for update again. Should i just set it to any providers and try again..Thanks James for your help

Hi, just to let you know after after 5 attempts of updating i finally changed my settings to any publisher and the update went through..Not sure why but their you have it...Thanks James for your help

solabc16

Hi @@Brecon

Thanks for the update, however you really shouldn't have to do this (and I wouldn't recommend it), so it would be good to understand what is going on.

How fast is your Internet connection, and is it reasonably reliable? Are you running any VPN software?

The number of attempts its taking and the time you mentioned above, suggest something isn't quite right.

If possible, can you run the send logs utility, so I can take a further looks and see if we can find out what's happening: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Send-us-Support-Logs

Best

- James

Hi James, yes the internet is a little unstable..I'm living in the Philippines now and using an Huawei B315 using lte signal for my internet..its OK but not good in normal turns average speed is about 2mb(Should be 5mb) and yes i'm using Ivacy VPN. Also i should point out we have terrible brownouts here the power tends to switch off for a split second..enough to reboot thje synology but not enough to to switch of router,tv, etc ...It's a thorn in my side but a cross i have to bare...thinking of getting something to hold the power while i get these 1 sec power outages...James i will send the logs as soon as i find out what to do..Is it explained on the link you sent me? if so i will start reading

solabc16

Hi @@Brecon

I understand your challenges there, a small UPS would certainly be beneficial. Yes, details are in the link, let me know if you need any further guidance.

It could be that the Internet connection and/or VPN is preventing the signature being validated properly.

The download, although slow, must be completing successfully and without corruption, or the update would fail; regardless of the signature.

Best

- James

Hi James i sent the logs i think..not sure if it was sent directly to you or where they went..but it did say:-

Could not chdir to home directory /var/services/homes/admin: No such file or directory

admin@DiskStation:/$ admin

-sh: admin: command not found

admin@DiskStation:/$ cd /var/packages/EmbyServer/scripts/utilities

admin@DiskStation:/var/packages/EmbyServer/scripts/utilities$ sudo ./sendlogs

Password:

********************************************************************************

Script invoked as [./sendlogs] by [root].

File Version : 3.5.3.0-16

********************************************************************************

This script will collect support logs into a single compressed archive and send

them to Emby over a HTTPS connection to assist with support issues, future

developemnts and package improvements. PLEASE ONLY USE AS DIRECTED BY SUPPORT

Type [yes] and press return to continue: yes

>> Creating archive...

SUCCESS

>> Sending archive...

-- Size: 2.8M

-- HTTP Status: 200

SUCCESS

>> Cleaning up...

SUCCESS

Upload completed successfully, please include this filename with your ticket...

sendlogs_DiskStation_synology_apollolake_918+_20181028T120214UTC.tgz

admin@DiskStation:/var/packages/EmbyServer/scripts/utilities$

Thanks James for your support it's good to know their is always someone to help..Was using Kodi for a few years and then plex, never really used the live TV side of them, just the library and i have to say Emby is Tops in my book, It lets you choose..I really love it!

Edited by Brecon