Connect tv guide with Emby

ashwin15

ashwin15

I have a tv guide of my own....like schedule direct or xml tv, I want to connect it with emby and sync channels so that I can play using my own guide.

• Like 1

ashwin15

I have a Hd home run device connected with emby and I am wondering how emby sync with scheduledirect tv guide and Hd home run device so when I click on a show through live tv it gets broadcasted.

Edited by ashwin15

Server Dashboard > LiveTV > LiveTV > TV Guide Data Providers > xmltv > [path to your xmltv file]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Edited by Sammy
  • Like 2

ashwin15

Thank you for responding quickly but I am not looking for the information that you have provided. I want to know that how emby connects a program id with any tv guide. So that when a person clicks on a program emby knows which program to play.

• Like 1

First it matches the channels, and then it uses that to extract the programs per channel from the guide data.

ashwin15

Okay got your point but while inspecting channels and programs through emby guide they have different channel id and program id then both of schedule direct and hd home run.

singhbutes

Hello,

I too was in the same situation around a month ago... wondering how its done... Have the same problem with me too... Is there anyone who can help me out with this? 

Hello,

I too was in the same situation around a month ago... wondering how its done... Have the same problem with me too... Is there anyone who can help me out with this? 

Hi there, can you please describe your issue in more detail? Thanks.

singhbutes

Hi there, can you please describe your issue in more detail? Thanks.

Thanks for your time Luke... Below is my query in detail

I have an HD home run device which is connected to my home router and tuner. Now using Emby when its connected to Schedule Direct TV guide the channels from lineup.json of HD home run gets auto mapped with station id's of Schedule Direct and then using Schedule Direct API will get the programs and the metadata of program, up to this  process I am clear.

Now I want to know how Emby uses these channels & programs and display them on TV Guide screen so that when a person clicks on it they will be played because when inspected any program grid then channel id and program id is different from that of Schedule Direct or lineup.json

ashwin15

Thanks for clearing this up Luke. Can you please tell me where can I find the database

Edited by ashwin15

ashwin15

I have authenticated users using API key authentication and able to get programs, channels of connected user. But as of now the user id which I have used have schedule direct and hd home run already configured through browser.

I do not want users to go out of app to do anything. According to app scenario users will add their pincode through the app only and then they will be able to see tvguide within the app and live streaming of programs will also be available within the app.

This link - https://github.com/MediaBrowser/emby-web-mobile is provided in documentation of emby for web client development but it is not working.

Please let me know if there is any way I can connect schedule direct and hd home device within the app and how can I live stream programs within the app.

Edited by ashwin15

Please let me know if there is any way I can connect schedule direct and hd home device within the app

No, that is done within the server dashboard, not the individual apps.

how can I live stream programs within the app.

Did you look at the video streaming portion of the wiki?

ashwin15

Yes I did, what I get is that I have to send an UDP message to get an Id and that Id will be used here /Video/{Id}/stream for video streaming. Right?

If it's not the case then what does this id mean and how can I play a channels using video streaming api.

Edited by ashwin15

ashwin15

Hello Luke,

Thanks for helping out. I am just going through emby code looking for translation id table so that I can use those id(s) in my application. Can you please tell me where I can find translation table and how it is remapped.