Music Conversion (web browser)

Mike5123

Mike5123

There should be an option to convert music in the web browser like there is for the android mobile app. Some users are bandwidth limited, and 3-7Mbps flac files can use a lot of bandwidth.

Just a suggestion.

Happy2Play

Hi there, why do you feel there isn't? Have you explored the web app playback settings?

We that depends on how you are connecting.  As connecting directly to the server you don't get that option.

You only get this option via the online web app (app.emby.media)

5bd393d99e450_owa.jpg

You do get it when connecting to the server directly, but not when you're on the local network. If you're away from home, then you'll see the music quality setting.

Mike5123

You do get it when connecting to the server directly, but not when you're on the local network. If you're away from home, then you'll see the music quality setting.

My server is hosted several thousand miles away from me. It's not on my home network and the option is not there.

Edited by Mike5123

Happy2Play

My server is hosted several thousand miles away from me. It's not on my home network and the option is not there.

I see the option when connecting to external address and through app.emby.media.

Mike5123

I see the option when connecting to external address and through app.emby.media.

You're right, it does show up when using the external address. It doesn't show up when using nginx reverse proxy, regardless on if the proxy_pass is configured for the internal IP or the external IP. Any idea on how to make this work with nginx?

Edited by Mike5123

Happy2Play

I don't know anything about reverse proxy, but there are topics of side effect like this out there.

@@pir8radio you have any ideas?

pir8radio

You're right, it does show up when using the external address. It doesn't show up when using nginx reverse proxy, regardless on if the proxy_pass is configured for the internal IP or the external IP. Any idea on how to make this work with nginx?

I don't know anything about reverse proxy, but there are topics of side effect like this out there.

@@pir8radio you have any ideas?

You are probably not passing the clients ip through nginx to emby...    

Here is my config for reference:  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/48236-setting-up-emby-behind-a-reverse-proxy-nginx/?p=457670

you should at least have these in your config:

proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;  ## Passes the real client IP to the backend server.
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;  ## Adds forwarded IP to the list of IPs that were forwarded to the backend server.

• Like 1