Echo show video?

BillOatman

It doesn't respond to speech commands. It works exactly like Emby on Chrome on a Mobile Device, which isn't bad, although there's no Closed Captions on LiveTV. Otherwise, playback was as expected. I also learned that Amazon must have forked Chrome to create Silk because playback is reported as being via Chrome Browser in the Emby Server Dashboard.

cybergrimes

I think it's pretty great, just "Echo open Firefox" with Emby pinned to the start page so it's a single tap to load

I've got it running directly to the local IP and through app.emby.media

Question about how the browser is reported on Emby Dashboard-- I've been using the Firefox browser on my Echo Show (instead of the Silk browser) yet it's reported as Chrome on the dashboard.

looking at the log this is the user agent I see: UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 5.1.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Focus/1.4 Chrome/70.0.3538.110 Safari/537.36

I guess it's based on Focus which uses Android WebView, anyway Mozilla confirms the "Focus/<versionnumber>" is what gives the browser away here:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/User-Agent/Firefox

I don't know if it's worth accounting for in an update, just thought I would point it out

Edited by cybergrimes

I have created an APL interface for emby if it matters.

It was kinda hard, but I'll post an couple pictures here in a moment.

APL is pretty much just css variables in json format.

I have it working I my new echo show

Ask for it and then the details show up on the show, but emby for fire TV will browser to the item.

Edited by chef

I have created an APL interface for emby if it matters.

It was kinda hard, but I'll post an couple pictures here in a moment.

APL is pretty much just css variables in json format.

I have it working I my new echo show

Ask for it and then the details show up on the show, but emby for fire TV will browser to the item.

Care to share on how you did this step by step? In other words, give us the recipe!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Yes.

I'll post the endpoint class for emby, and also grab some pics of the options you want to turn on in your custom skill.

Edited by chef