What happen to setting the location of Sync?

Volodesi

Volodesi

I usually create Playlists on desktop and Sync them to my phone. But, I can't seem to figure out how to set the location of the music anymore. 

I used to Sync the music and use a different music player like Poweramp to play the music in that folder. If I go to my built in Download Manager, that Emby seems to use for downloading the songs now. I can't get any of the files to play in other apps. Poweramp tries to open them from the Download manager and just tells me it can't find the file.

I am using a Pixel 2 XL - On latest update of Pie

System reports Emby as being 3.0.21

Attached a screenshot of what happens when I tried to select download location.

Volodesi

It is a Pixel 2 XL. There isn't any external storage.

I also noticed another problem since I have to use Emby to listen to music now. On both my Pixel 2 XL and Pixel C tablet.. it'll only play one or two songs with the screen locked and then stop playing until the screen is unlocked.

Edited by Volodesi

Ok as far as storage goes, we are using the app's pre-designated storage folders so that we can use the native android download manager. This has resolved a number of stability problems with the downloads, however the cost of these improvements is that you don't get to choose a custom folder anymore.

• Like 1

Volodesi

Is there a chance that we could get the old method back as an option? 

Cause the new method is not a great experience. The phone spent an hour vibrating after every song downloaded.. and I had to close like 300+ notifications that kept popping up from the download manager. The only place it's storing my music is directly at the root of my phone, which isn't accessible by anything but Emby and the Download Manager.