Couple of "How to" requests

PenkethBoy

PenkethBoy

Things that make my teeth itch :)

1. Does anybody have / know some css to make the posters/images appear at 100% rather than the enforced 90%?

2a. css for changing the font for Image "Titles" - so for movies name of the film below poster, episode name below episode thumb image etc etc

2b. for an added bonus a way to rap this text without manually editing it

• Like 1

Happy2Play

1. Does anybody have / know some css to make the posters/images appear at 100% rather than the enforced 90%?

2a. css for changing the font for Image "Titles" - so for movies name of the film below poster, episode name below episode thumb image etc etc

2b. for an added bonus a way to rap this text without manually editing it

1.  I believe that is done via a script

2a and b. adjust size as needed or remove if you don't need it.

div.cardText {
    white-space: pre-wrap;
    font-size: 1.25em;
    font-family: serif;
}
Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

PenkethBoy

Is that a script that we can use?

As in posted on the forum somewhere?

Sorry should have been clearer - i mean quality=90 for images

Edited by PenkethBoy

Happy2Play

Is that a script that we can use?

As in posted on the forum somewhere?

Sorry should have been clearer - i mean quality=90 for images

Haven't found it yet as I believe that is from the api.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Last place I would have thought to look.  Look at the \system\dashboard-ui\bower_components\emby-webcomponents\router.js (so reset with every update if modified)

browser.slow?browser.chrome?"Primary"===type?40:50:"Backdrop"===type?60:50:"Backdrop"===type?70:90,options.quality=quality}
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

@@Happy2Play

thanks will have a play with that

Testing it I just changed the 70:90 to 100:100.  Haven't seen the other qualities appear anywhere, yet.

Happy2Play

@@PenkethBoy

Do see a difference in images with the quality set?  I have compared images with quality=0 to quality=100 and removed quality but can't see a difference, all file data is the same.

Edited by Happy2Play

PenkethBoy

Last place I would have thought to look.  Look at the \system\dashboard-ui\bower_components\emby-webcomponents\router.js (so reset with every update if modified)

browser.slow?browser.chrome?"Primary"===type?40:50:"Backdrop"===type?60:50:"Backdrop"===type?70:90,options.quality=quality}

i think this is for TV

Happy2Play

i think this is for TV

It changes the browser urls but I don't see a difference.

example from Next Up

5bd0e25927d2e_quality.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

PenkethBoy

no i cant see a diff either - i turned coverart off first

if you compare a poster image for a movie with 100 - the poster is approx a third the size of the initial online image - and considerably worse quality

so i guess somewhere the images get processed before being used

and my idea of the quality=90 being the problem was wrong - sigh

Happy2Play

Looks like there is a set maxheight and/or maxwidth and then that image is scaled to screen size. So my example above has a Thumb with a maxwidth of 333 that gets scales to whatever screen resolution is or scaling size I set.

adamstewiegreen

Looks like there is a set maxheight and/or maxwidth and then that image is scaled to screen size. So my example above has a Thumb with a maxwidth of 333 that gets scales to whatever screen resolution is or scaling size I set.

I assume there is nothing we can do about it with CSS?  I'd love my big movie posters to be nice and clear.

Happy2Play

I assume there is nothing we can do about it with CSS?  I'd love my big movie posters to be nice and clear.

No way for CSS to change maxHeight and/or maxWidth set in the itemdetailspage.js.

*CSS will only enlarge the image at the quality already provided.

Edited by Happy2Play

adamstewiegreen

Yeah, I realized the CSS was enlarging a small image, I wasn't sure how (or if it was possible) to get emby to grab a big image.

This worked beautifully.

Thanks.

Happy2Play

Overall I see no difference with "&quality=90" so I rest that value.  But changing the values in the itemdetailspage.js does make a difference when enlarging images.

adamstewiegreen

Overall I see no difference with "&quality=90" so I rest that value.  But changing the values in the itemdetailspage.js does make a difference when enlarging images.

I played with both settings a little.  When the posters are set to 720 on itemdetailspage the &quality change is more noticeable.  But still, the change is negligible at 75 to 90 - even at 20 I bet a lot of people wouldn't even realize