Using XTeVe with Emby

EODCrafter
Go to solution Solved by EODCrafter,

alexpaton

flipper26
Do you leave xteve running?  If it isn't running, when Emby refreshes its guide, it will update with nothing - result, no guide.

dcol

flipper26

Do you leave xteve running?  If it isn't running, when Emby refreshes its guide, it will update with nothing - result, no guide.

That is not true. It will update with the last m3u produced. xTeVe does not remove the m3u when it isn't running.

• Like 1

alexpaton

I was talking about the guide, not the m3u.  the channels remain, but the EPG is empty.  It happened to me the other day.

dcol

I was talking about the guide, not the m3u.  the channels remain, but the EPG is empty.  It happened to me the other day.

The only way the guide would be empty is if the m3u was older than the # of scheduled days.

alexpaton

Why would the age of the m3u be of relevance to the guide? There is no guide data in it, apart from channel name & number.

alexpaton

Actually, forget that.  We are BOTH wrong.  if xteve is not running when emby updates the guide, the channels get wiped out as well.

if xteve is not running when emby updates the guide, the channels get wiped out as well.

This is something we'll be looking at improving. Thanks.

• Like 1

flipper26

Actually, forget that.  We are BOTH wrong.  if xteve is not running when emby updates the guide, the channels get wiped out as well.

That hasn't been the case for me. I usually update emby without xteve running and the channels are all there and the EPG has been okay after i update. I have xteve running on my laptop and emby server is on a Shield. 

alexpaton

if you are running xteve like that, it is worth adding the m3u and xml as paths to file, rather than http links. That way, neither emby or xteve care whether the other is running.

• Like 1

flipper26

if you are running xteve like that, it is worth adding the m3u and xml as paths to file, rather than http links. That way, neither emby or xteve care whether the other is running.

That's correct. I'm not using the http links but rather links to the files on my laptop.

I'd prefer to having xteve run directly on the Shield but I didn't know how to set that up. If you can point me to any documentation on how to do it I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

alexpaton

I'm afraid i'm not a Shield user.  I know there are 2 or 3 that run it on shield.  The documentation for several different installs are on the discord channel in #read-first

flipper26

I had this Emby Guide showing up perfectly yesterday in a grid with the timeline across the top and the channels listed on the lefthand side and program information. Today, no matter what I do I can't get the Guide to display in a grid formation. I can get the grid on my laptop when I login to the Emby server and also on my Shield (which is where I have the Emby server). However, I can't get the grid on my Apple TV where I want to watch content using Emby. Does anyone have any ideas? thanks.

EODCrafter

That's correct. I'm not using the http links but rather links to the files on my laptop.

I'd prefer to having xteve run directly on the Shield but I didn't know how to set that up. If you can point me to any documentation on how to do it I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Use Termux to install xTeVe ARM64 Version on the Shield. Sry, but the scope of using Termux and Linux commands/permissions are Individual to your Environment.

Edited by EODCrafter
  • Like 1

Senna

I can't get the grid on my Apple TV where I want to watch content using Emby.

There is NO "Grid Style" Live TV program guide for the Emby Apple TV app available yet...

See item 2 here

st8ofgrace

look who's calling the kettle black on that one....daaannnggg I think you wasted more hot air complaining than actually offering your "expertise" to noobs like myself. much thanks to everyone who offered real help and to those who spoke up dispite a-holes and naysayers.

Edited by st8ofgrace
  • Like 1

flipper26

In xteve I have renumbered the channels and grouped similar items together.  For a number of the channels Emby continues to display them incorrectly no matter what I do. For instance, in xteve, I have numbered 131 to be CA: Discovery Science HD and that's how it reads in the xml file that xteve creates. Emby shows the channel and logo as belonging to Bravo. The programming that is displayed is correct as Discovery Science.  In Emby I am only pulling the m3u and the xml from the latest xteve files, no other Guide data. When I look at the Emby mapping it shows as:

131 CA: DISCOVERY SCIENCE HD
CA: DISCOVERY SCIENCE HD - XmlTV

I've tried logging out and logging back in again. Why does Emby do this and how do I fix it? thanks. 

Sammy

In xteve I have renumbered the channels and grouped similar items together. For a number of the channels Emby continues to display them incorrectly no matter what I do. For instance, in xteve, I have numbered 131 to be CA: Discovery Science HD and that's how it reads in the xml file that xteve creates. Emby shows the channel and logo as belonging to Bravo. The programming that is displayed is correct as Discovery Science. In Emby I am only pulling the m3u and the xml from the latest xteve files, no other Guide data. When I look at the Emby mapping it shows as:

I've tried logging out and logging back in again. Why does Emby do this and how do I fix it? thanks.

Take a look at post 38 here.

@@Luke any way to fix this?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/74239-Live-TV-Setup&do=findComment&comment=752340

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Edited by Sammy
  • Like 1

EODCrafter

In xteve I have renumbered the channels and grouped similar items together.  For a number of the channels Emby continues to display them incorrectly no matter what I do. For instance, in xteve, I have numbered 131 to be CA: Discovery Science HD and that's how it reads in the xml file that xteve creates. Emby shows the channel and logo as belonging to Bravo. The programming that is displayed is correct as Discovery Science.  In Emby I am only pulling the m3u and the xml from the latest xteve files, no other Guide data. When I look at the Emby mapping it shows as:

I delete the entire cache file and let it rebuild from scratch....Hang on, I'll get directory.....

5d066fb402e74_Annotation20190616113431.p

• Like 1

Sammy

I delete the entire cache file and let it rebuild from scratch....Hang on, I'll get directory.....

5d066fb402e74_Annotation20190616113431.p

You delete that directory then do a library scan?

Some of xTeVe logos are dark and don't show well so need replacement anyhow.

EODCrafter

Actually a Channel scan is what reloads it. >>> Live TV >>> Refresh Guide Data

Edited by EODCrafter
  • Like 1

EODCrafter

@@marmei just unveiled in xTeVe Beta the ability to simply upload logos in Mapping. Pretty Sweet! Ask for a Beta Trial @@Sammy

• Like 1

Spaceboy

In xteve I have renumbered the channels and grouped similar items together. For a number of the channels Emby continues to display them incorrectly no matter what I do. For instance, in xteve, I have numbered 131 to be CA: Discovery Science HD and that's how it reads in the xml file that xteve creates. Emby shows the channel and logo as belonging to Bravo. The programming that is displayed is correct as Discovery Science. In Emby I am only pulling the m3u and the xml from the latest xteve files, no other Guide data. When I look at the Emby mapping it shows as:

emby uses 3 digit channel numbers to match to gracenote guide data. You must use 4 digit numbers eg 1001

EODCrafter

emby uses 3 digit channel numbers to match to gracenote guide data. You must use 4 digit numbers eg 1001

Your saying you have to use 4 digit numbers in xTeVe? This is not so. My Channels start at 1-700. If you meant Emby, Sry :)

Let me clarify: By default xTeVe starts numbering at 1000 to give you the space between 1-999 to renumber the Channels.

Edited by EODCrafter