Using XTeVe with Emby

EODCrafter
Go to solution Solved by EODCrafter,

Spaceboy

The dummy xmltv entry from xteve wont start/end at the real time of the event, and AFAIK, you can only setup recordings based on the guide entry start/stop times.

ok agreed, you can record but yeah the times are going to be all out. It’s just I have in the past schedule 2 consecutive 2 hour recordings to ensure I recorded the whole of a soccer match I wanted to see. But yes, guess work

Tony B.

I believe I have a bug report.

My provider just changed logos because the old logo site went down for good.

Anyway! I tried to do a bulk-edit to "Update Channel logo, but after updating the playlist, it went from the old provider to blank.

Then, I tried it individually, same result (of course).

The M3U file does show the new logo information so, I would presume that this is a feature that is not working.

@@marmei is this an intended behavior or?

alexpaton

Tony B. Apparently, the default source for the channel logos is the xml file. A lot of Provider m3us don't have logos.

As to the subject of 24/7 channels and EPG.  You can actually set up your own dummy channels, since emby does not need guide data (only channel entry) for the channel to appear.  The chances of being able to match the times of dummy listings to the actual times of the programmes is pretty slim.  Of course, this doesn't solve the problem of not being able to record.

Tony B.

Tony B. Apparently, the default source for the channel logos is the xml file. A lot of Provider m3us don't have logos.

Hmm. I can't seem to get Emby to take the new icons. I've refreshed the guide data many times :(

BillOatman

Hmm. I can't seem to get Emby to take the new icons. I've refreshed the guide data many times :(

Have it refresh the channels/M3U.

Tony B.

How do you do that? I pressed the save button on that tuner in Emby but that didn't work.

Sammy

I've refreshed the guide but not the channels/M3U. How does one do that?

Here's my settings and my results. (Sorry, phone screen grabs..)

On my ShieldTV I get CNN on the left side in the Guide but espn esportes in the large view when selecting the channel from the guide. Somewhere Emby is saving old logos and someplace else it is saving the new ones.

Thoughts @@Luke ?

eb92ffcba4a2be03d4bc872574c32ce2.jpg

7fe5314f9a46a9907bf765425e98902d.jpg

0643a645420796fd5fcaea1b931da088.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Edited by Sammy

Sammy

BTW, I manually assigned CNN to 1202 as I'm working to match UVerse's Lineup.

ESPN Esportes was on 1202 previously so that's why there's an "old" logo there.

Tony B.

I figured it out. Disabled the channel, ran a guide refresh. Enabled it and redid the scan. The logo showed up.

Sammy

I figured it out. Disabled the channel, ran a guide refresh. Enabled it and redid the scan. The logo showed up.

Sounds like what I am going to need to do.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

BillOatman

How do you do that? I pressed the save button on that tuner in Emby but that didn't work.

I meant in Emby under Live TV

Edited by BillOatman

Tony B.

I meant in Emby under Live TV

That's a very ambiguous answer. There are several places to press buttons in that area.

Spaceboy

That's a very ambiguous answer. There are several places to press buttons in that area.

looks like only one here cfbcf87e9dac421c40ce680c8f6cff5a.jpg Edited by Spaceboy
  • Like 2

flipper26

I'm using my provider's M3U and XMLT files from their URL. I'm trying to parse the channel list down to something manageable and get rid of alot of the channels/groups I don't need. I go in to filter (for example, PPV), save and then mappings. In the mappings I'm setting the channels to inactive and save. I'll then go into another filter (for example, CANADA) and do the same process. If I then go back to PPV everything reverts back and none of my filters have saved. I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong and have spent tons of time editing the m3u list repeatedly. I even tried using a local copy of the M3U and had the same problem. If anyone has any ideas/suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

flipper26

i have a script that downloads the m3u and inserts a unique id. Then xteve picks it up

Can you share this script? I'm wondering if the lack of unique id is the reason that my filters are not being saved. thanks.

Sammy

Edited the logo here in Emby from the Channels or Guide Page:

post-110-0-20237700-1558695363_thumb.jpg

And now it looks like this in the Guide:

post-110-0-58967900-1558695466_thumb.jpg

:D

Have to do this in a lot of places after I edit my epg in xTeVe. Any way to automate?

EODCrafter

Can you share this script? I'm wondering if the lack of unique id is the reason that my filters are not being saved. thanks.

I thought I posted it on Here?...Search back......

EODCrafter

I don't think your script and @@Spaceboy's are the same one.

It adds unique ID So xTeVe doesn't deactivate the Channel...Oh well, He'll figure it out. Don't really want to Spoon Feed anyway.

Edited by EODCrafter

flipper26

I thought I posted it on Here?...Search back......

Searched back and re-read all the pages but can't find your script or Spaceboy's. Still learning about xteve and Emby and struggling through filtering of channels. My provider doesn't provide unique ID's so sure would be helpful to be able to assign them without having to do so manually. 

EODCrafter

Searched back and re-read all the pages but can't find your script or Spaceboy's. Still learning about xteve and Emby and struggling through filtering of channels. My provider doesn't provide unique ID's so sure would be helpful to be able to assign them without having to do so manually. 

This adds channel number, just modify it to add CUID in a similar way....

#!/bin/sh
: > emby_iptv.m3u
wget "http://********/get.php?username=**********@gmail.com&password=***********&type=m3u_plus&output=ts" -O iptv_download.m3u
while read -r LINE || [ -n "$LINE" ]; do
	awk '/#EXTINF:-1/ {gsub(/EXTINF:-1/, "& tvg-chno=\"" ++channel "\"")} 1' >> emby_iptv_tmp.m3u
done < iptv_download.m3u
mv emby_iptv_tmp.m3u emby_iptv.m3u
rm iptv_download.m3u
  • Like 1

Tony B.

That would be nice to craft into the xTeve app itself! Speaking of which, any word on the new version?

flipper26

I can't get Emby to save my m3u file that I created with xteve. I am running xteve on my laptop and Emby server is on a Shield. I'm accessing the server from my laptop using the web interface and have tried using the url from xteve - http://192.168.1xx.1:34400/m3u/xteve.m3u

I also tried using the xteve.m3u file that gets saved in C:\Users\xxxxx\xteve\data without any luck. 

I downloaded and copied the xteve file to a USB drive and put that on the Shield and tried that but Emby doesn't seem to recognize the file as an m3u, ie. it just plain doesn't see it. 

The file runs fine in VLC player and looking at it in notebook it's clearly an m3u file. 

I'm wondering if there's a setting somewhere in Emby that I'm missing. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

alexpaton

I can't get Emby to save my m3u file that I created with xteve. I am running xteve on my laptop and Emby server is on a Shield. I'm accessing the server from my laptop using the web interface and have tried using the url from xteve - http://192.168.1xx.1:34400/m3u/xteve.m3u

I also tried using the xteve.m3u file that gets saved in C:\Users\xxxxx\xteve\data without any luck. 

I downloaded and copied the xteve file to a USB drive and put that on the Shield and tried that but Emby doesn't seem to recognize the file as an m3u, ie. it just plain doesn't see it. 

The file runs fine in VLC player and looking at it in notebook it's clearly an m3u file. 

I'm wondering if there's a setting somewhere in Emby that I'm missing. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

How are you adding it in Emby?  There is an IPTV app, plus the Live TV app. 

You do have Emby Premiere don't you?