Using XTeVe with Emby

EODCrafter
Go to solution Solved by EODCrafter,

alexpaton

Tony B.  I must admit that i have been guilty of that.  I am making a conscious effort to keep those to #offtopic and PM.

dcol An awful lot of people use IPTV to be able to watch and record TV from other countries.  The emby EPG is incapable of doing this.  I myself have 4 (sometimes 5) countries, and xteve allows me to mix and match EPG so that I get the best for those different countries, and sometimes even use more than 1 EPG for 1 country.  xteve magically merges them all for me, and once it is set up, I rarely have to make a change.

dcol

Tony B.  I must admit that i have been guilty of that.  I am making a conscious effort to keep those to #offtopic and PM.

dcol An awful lot of people use IPTV to be able to watch and record TV from other countries.  The emby EPG is incapable of doing this.  I myself have 4 (sometimes 5) countries, and xteve allows me to mix and match EPG so that I get the best for those different countries, and sometimes even use more than 1 EPG for 1 country.  xteve magically merges them all for me, and once it is set up, I rarely have to make a change.

Let me clarify, I meant if you do not input/use XML's then allow the mappings to happen using the dummy XML.

Work as is if you use XML's. If you do not need XML's then why put that extra load on xTeVe.

Edited by dcol

Tony B.

Let me clarify, I meant if you do not input/use XML's then allow the mappings to happen using the dummy XML.

Work as is if you use XML's. If you do not need XML's then why put that extra load on xTeVe.

You were having a memory issue yesterday. I must ask you about this.

I have "XXX:" "24/7", "US:"/"USA:" with three different providers. Only one of them gives me issues that result in long time loads.

They are the only filters. They all bring me about 800 after 24/7 and XXX. BUT! Only one keeps xTeve running at a snail's pace.

What would be the best way to keep it running smoother?

Also, @@marmei, is the user-agent passed to the provider from Emby?

Tony B.

I'll also add that one provider skewed their epg to mismatch about 50% of their channels. XTeve couldn't match and I had to restore from backup, bulk edit, then enable the bulk of them

I noticed in the M3U that the channels were ok and they matched the stream, but not the tvg-id.

Also, typically, I renumber the channels to DirecTV's numbers (2 hours each provider) and then I let Emby take care of it with an East coast zip code for guide data.

It would be extremely difficult to rename the channels in xTeve to match the guide names, plus, I was a subscriber of DTV for many years. I know the channel numbers.

dcol

You were having a memory issue yesterday. I must ask you about this.

I have "XXX:" "24/7", "US:"/"USA:" with three different providers. Only one of them gives me issues that result in long time loads.

They are the only filters. They all bring me about 800 after 24/7 and XXX. BUT! Only one keeps xTeve running at a snail's pace.

What would be the best way to keep it running smoother?

For me the XML's created the memory issues and slow load times. I don't need the XML's since I use the Emby EPG.

Assuming you are using Emby with xTeVe, just use one XML and one that loads quick.

This is why I requested to be able to map without any XML's.

Tony B.

For me the XML's created the memory issues and slow load times. I don't need the XML's since I use the Emby EPG.

Assuming you are using Emby with xTeVe, just use one XML and one that loads quick.

This is why I requested to be able to map without any XML's.

how would you map them? Manually? It takes me an hour and a half or more to do just numbering, editing them would take 10x longer. Edited by Tony B.

marmei

M3U tuner: xTeVe is not involved in streaming. In V2 the buffer is also possible with the M3U playlist, user agent can then be configured

Tony B.

M3U tuner: xTeVe is not involved in streaming. In V2 the buffer is also possible with the M3U playlist, user agent can then be configured

So, the user-agent is passed from Emby?

marmei

So, the user-agent is passed from Emby?

Yes.

xTeVe M3U Tuner: Provider -> Emby

HDHR Tuner:

with buffer: Provider -> xTeVe -> Emby

Without buffer: Provider -> Emby

alexpaton

For those people who are using xteve with emby, and are NOT using xteve to provide a guide, perhaps you should consider a change in tactics.

1) set up the channels that you want and the order that you want in xteve.

2) when setting up the m3u tuner in emby, DON'T use the xteve link.  Instead, select the xteve.m3u file from your hard drive.  

If you are not using xteve to update the guide, it is not needed by emby at all.  The only time that you would ever need to run xteve, is occasionally to check whether any channels have changed and re-write the m3u file.

You are basically only using xteve as an m3u editor.

Edited by alexpaton

dcol

how would you map them? Manually? It takes me an hour and a half or more to do just numbering, editing them would take 10x longer.

In Emby, I would just map them. I only use Emby for channels I record to, which is about 20 channels for me. I use Perfect Player for LiveTV viewing the big list with a PP server. I do that because Emby does not support groups

Edited by dcol

dcol

For those people who are using xteve with emby, and are NOT using xteve to provide a guide, perhaps you should consider a change in tactics.

1) set up the channels that you want and the order that you want in xteve.

2) when setting up the m3u tuner in emby, DON'T use the xteve link.  Instead, select the xteve.m3u file from your hard drive.  

If you are not using xteve to update the guide, it is not needed by emby at all.  The only time that you would ever need to run xteve, is occasionally to check whether any channels have changed and re-write the m3u file.

You are basically only using xteve as an m3u editor.

You need to use the xTeVe URL if you are using group-titles. I do that because my different m3u providers have different simultaneous stream allowances.

alexpaton

You need to use the xTeVe URL if you are using group-titles. I do that because my different m3u providers have different simultaneous stream allowances.

But emby can have multiple tuners.  You can set each tuner up to the number of channels you have on that provider.  The way you have done things, from the sound of it, if one of your providers goes down forever, you are going to have to start all over again.

dcol

But emby can have multiple tuners.  You can set each tuner up to the number of channels you have on that provider.  The way you have done things, from the sound of it, if one of your providers goes down forever, you are going to have to start all over again.

Not at all because i use group titles for each provider. That way I can easily remove a provider. Actually had to do that today with Vaders.

Each tuner is a different group title/provider.

BobbyDing

Not at all because i use group titles for each provider. That way I can easily remove a provider. Actually had to do that today with Vaders.

Each tuner is a different group title/provider.

Can emby have the same channels across the different tuners/providers on m3u tuners as it does on normal tuners? And this would require the different epg's to have the channel names identical?

Thanks,

Bobby

dcol

Can emby have the same channels across the different tuners/providers on m3u tuners as it does on normal tuners? And this would require the different epg's to have the channel names identical?

Thanks,

Bobby

Yes, I do it all the time. As a matter of fact I duplicate every channel I use from every provider in Emby.

BobbyDing

Yes, I do it all the time. As a matter of fact I duplicate every channel I use from every provider in Emby.

Thanks. Do most iptv providers list the channel names the same? Or do you need to change them in xteve or Emby.

alexpaton

you would be better off if you had different names on each provider.  There are issues with series record otherwise.

Edited by alexpaton
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
MRobi

Anybody using xTeVe run into a situation where all channel mapping was suddenly lost? I set this up for the first time over the weekend. Spent the better part of the day Sunday mapping all the channel numbers how I wanted them. All was good until today where all channel numbers are back to their original #?

dcol

I have seen this if there is any change in the playlists URL's. Do a manual backup when you get everything where you want it and make sure you hit 'Save' in the mappings.

hshah

Anybody using xTeVe run into a situation where all channel mapping was suddenly lost? I set this up for the first time over the weekend. Spent the better part of the day Sunday mapping all the channel numbers how I wanted them. All was good until today where all channel numbers are back to their original #?

What is your source / how has it been set up?

I had this a few times when I was initially configuring my setup, and whilst it wasn't apparent to me at the time, I'm pretty sure I inadvertently caused it. I almost wanted to cry after spending over an hour going through the tedious process of numbering my channels in the manner I desired. Since then though, I make sure to take a backup before I tinker around, but haven't actually messed it up again?

Also, I'm guessing you are assigning your own numbers? What ranges are you using? I was initially using 4 digits and starting with the right most digit being a 1. I found out via the Discord channels that new entries get assigned from 1000 so I switched to only 3 digits and starting with a 0 on the right. That way any additions to the source get giving 1000 onwards and leave my 100 - 999 range alone.

/Edit: @@dcol has just reminded me that at one point I tried to see what difference changing my source URL to m3u8plus would make. That completely mixed everything up lol. I also have been too trigger happy at times and forgotten to press save, so now I just press it regularly because I'm bound to do something silly lol.

Edited by hshah

dcol

I did that yesterday, changing from TS to HLS for a test. It screwed up the mapping Thank goodness I always take backups

• Like 1

BillOatman

Any time the name of the channel changes it could/will get remapped by xteve.  The exception is when the m3u specifies a chid field which xteve will recognize as still being the same channel. Very few providers have this field however (I know of only 1).  I wrote an app that creates a sports m3u and xmltv file that xteve consumes that provides a chid.  That way when the channels change names every day, I don't need to remap them :)

Edited by BillOatman

Spaceboy

Any time the name of the channel changes it could/will get remapped by xteve. The exception is when the m3u specifies a chid field which xteve will recognize as still being the same channel. Very few providers have this field however (I know of only 1). I wrote an app that creates a sports m3u and xmltv file that xteve consumes that provides a chid. That way when the channels change names every day, I don't need to remap them :)

i do the same with a simple power shell script that dls the m3u daily and inserts a unique id for the live sports channels

MRobi

@@dcol @@hshah Thanks for the input guys. I'm using an iptv provider with their m3u file and xmltv file. I hadn't opened xTeVe at all since setting all the channels up on Sunday. I only came across this when I went into Live TV on Emby this morning and all the channels were just gone. I thought that maybe xTeVe had crashed so I put in the IP and it was still up and running but all the filters were gone leaving the channel mapping empty. When I added the filters back in, all the numbering was back to default. It basically looked like it fully reset itself. I didn't even see the backup option until now, so now I'll know for when I redo it all.

@@BillOatman are you saying it's common for the providers to change all the channel names daily? That sounds like I might run into this issue a lot....