Using XTeVe with Emby

EODCrafter
Go to solution Solved by EODCrafter,

EODCrafter

Yes shows the correct group titles. I just tried it again and it seems to be somewhat working now, but some of the channels not showing up. Will rebuild and try again.

I think I just have a mess from all the edits and filters. Going to start clean.

Never a good Idea to Manually Edit a m3u from Live IPTV. Those are "Live Documents" and constantly updating. Always use the URL and Filters to do what you need in xTeVe.

Also, what do you mean by "Group Title" that shows in xTeVe is not the group Title in the m3u? This statement is completely wrong and untrue. I think you are confused to what a Group Title is so I will Post a Example....

Original m3u Group-Title....

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-ID="Golf Channel CA" tvg-name="CA: Golf Channel UHD" tvg-logo="http://cdn.cablefax.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/golf-logo.jpg"group-title="Sports",CA: Golf Channel UHD

This is what shows up in xTeVe......

#EXTINF:0 channelID="x-ID.470" tvg-chno="214" tvg-name="CA: Golf Channel UHD" tvg-id="214" tvg-logo="http://cdn.tvpassport.com/image/station/240x135/golf.png"group-title="Sports",CA: Golf Channel UHD

Here's a Picture to illustrate......

5cc44e8e5d887_Capture.png

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

I was told the edited group-title field was not used with the xTeVe m3u in Emby even though all my edited group-title fields were there in the xTeVe m3u.

You were told this statement here "which you kinda twisted in your own way", meaning Emby could care less about a  Group-Title because as of now, Emby Does not support Group-titles and they don't matter in Emby. We have been asking for this support for Over 3 years now, and we are still waiting on that "Future Release"

As far as "linking" m3u Tuner to the xTeVe "group-title", my original explanation on here is valid......

>>>>>>>Emby M3U Tuner URL<<<<<<<<

http://192.168.1.114:8080/m3u/xteve.m3u?group-title=Sports

Again, you are making this process a Thousand Times more Difficult and confusing than it needs to be. :)

Edited by EODCrafter
  • Like 1

dcol

I got it all working now the way I want it after I deleted and redid the whole thing. And the edited group-titles are now working as well.

• Like 2

Tony B.

With the bulk edit...

I try to get all the channels from the guide I want to use, but it doesn't populate the XMLTVID properly and I have to find it in the list. Is there an easier way to go about populating these? 

If I manually select each and every one, it would take me forever and a day, but as soon as I select the guide on editing them individually it will populate the channel.

I hope I am explaining this ok.

dcol

With the bulk edit...

I try to get all the channels from the guide I want to use, but it doesn't populate the XMLTVID properly and I have to find it in the list. Is there an easier way to go about populating these? 

If I manually select each and every one, it would take me forever and a day, but as soon as I select the guide on editing them individually it will populate the channel.

Use the search to list the items you want to update. Then apply the bulk settings. xTeVe is difficult to explain issues, been there. And when some others don't understand your explanation they get upset and sometimes rude.

Edited by dcol

Damien_

just wanted to add my appreciation - xteve is awesome and filled in the last few gaps for me with IPTV. Great work, thank you

Tony B.

Use the search to list the items you want to update. Then apply the bulk settings. xTeVe is difficult to explain issues, been there. And when some others don't understand your explanation they get upset and sometimes rude.

No matter how I bulk edit them, the XMLTVID will disappear.

marmei

With the bulk edit...

Bulk Edit is intended to set the same category or dummy for multiple channels.

With Bulk Edit, all settings made are applied to all channels.

Automatic channel assignment is only performed on new channels.

• Like 1

Tony B.

Bulk Edit is intended to set the same category or dummy for multiple channels.

With Bulk Edit, all settings made are applied to all channels.

Automatic channel assignment is only performed on new channels.

It would be nice if you could update the guide or m3u stream to repopulate the channels after you set dead channels to the same guide. Or, a simple option "repopulate channels". IPTV streams can go away or come back as a different XMLTVID.

The biggest issue here is when I made a new instance of xTeve, using only a single provider, it didn't populate all the channels. This is the reason I am posting about the bulk editing.

HOWEVER! All I had to do is suggest to xTeve to use the only guide available (that it wasn't using), it found the exact channel/stream.

@@marmei, I understand that this is like a crap-shoot with IPTV, so, I'm just suggesting things.

dcol

I noticed that on one of my systems xTeVe is eating up 6-8GB of memory and runs extremely slow. Only uses 75-300 MB on my other systems

Could that be the filters, or is there something else I can check?

Also on this computer it seems to run a Console Windows Host within xTeVe which it doesn't do on the other computers

Edited by dcol

alexpaton

dcol.  what are the 2 systems?

are they the same operating system?

The "Console Windows Host" is a little worrying. I would be interested in seeing a screenshot of that (obviously blur out any sensitive information before posting).

dcol

I managed to get the memory usage to hover around 1GB by readjusting some filters, but the Console host is still there (see pic)

This computer is running Windows 10, but so is one of the others.

5cc8a68b60263_xteve.jpg

CBers

I managed to get the memory usage to hover around 1GB by readjusting some filters, but the Console host is still there (see pic)

This computer is running Windows 10, but so is one of the others.

Run it as a service via NSSM and set it up to create a log file.

That's what I have done.

• Like 1

alexpaton

how did you launch that xteve?  
I presume that you have setup a shortcut somewhere and double clicked it?

If so, try opening a command line, and running it manually.  See If that improves performance.

I have never heard of it running with high memory usage when launched in the normal manner.

dcol

launching it as a shortcut. Tried from command prompt with same memory usage.

May try the service route.

alexpaton

When I first started using xteve, I know that I did my filters wrong, which did slow things down a LOT.

Personally, I would try to get it running with reasonable memory usage before turning it into a service.  Turning it into a service isn't going to reduce its memory load.  The only advantage, apart from being able to auto start it, is the logging that CBers mentioned.

Rythal

I love all the work done with this and thank you very much marmei for it.

One small feature request... 

Is it possible to have an option to disable the DLNA server? I kinda like having it enabled in Emby, but can't as xteve crashes on startup if it can't have port 1900.

Either that or a way to set the listening IP so I can run both via virtual IP's.

marmei

I love all the work done with this and thank you very much marmei for it.

One small feature request... 

Is it possible to have an option to disable the DLNA server? I kinda like having it enabled in Emby, but can't as xteve crashes on startup if it can't have port 1900.

Either that or a way to set the listening IP so I can run both via virtual IP's.

In version 2, there will be a switch for the DLNA server. Comes at the end of May

marmei

launching it as a shortcut. Tried from command prompt with same memory usage.

May try the service route.

How many XMLTV files do you use? When creating the xteve.xml file, all provider files are loaded into memory. After creating the file, the memory is released again. Edited by marmei

Spaceboy

Run it as a service via NSSM and set it up to create a log file.

That's what I have done.

also running as a service here. I also found the program stopped/ crashed occasionally when ran as a program, it’s been faultless since running as a service
  • Like 1

dcol

How many XMLTV files do you use? When creating the xteve.xml file, all provider files are loaded into memory. After creating the file, the memory is released again.

I used 3 XML's, but now I use just one as a dummy and set all the channels to 120 minutes. Then I use Emby's epg to do the guide.

I do notice that when I specify a !{xxx} after a {xxx,yyy} in the filters, xTeVe really slows down so bad it is not usable. So I only use {xxx} now and it seems to work fine. Also, while I do a save to the mapping, xTeve uses 80% of the CPU. The Processor is an Intel i5-3470

And why the Console Windows Host? And only on the one computer.

marmei

I used 3 XML's, but now I use just one as a dummy and set all the channels to 120 minutes. Then I use Emby's epg to do the guide.

I do notice that when I specify a !{xxx} after a {xxx,yyy} in the filters, xTeVe really slows down so bad it is not usable. So I only use {xxx} now and it seems to work fine. Also, while I do a save to the mapping, xTeve uses 80% of the CPU. The Processor is an Intel i5-3470

And why the Console Windows Host? And only on the one computer.

That's the disadvantage of XML files, reading and writing requires a lot of CPU power. Every time you change the mapping or filter, the xteve.xml file must be recreated, and all provider files must be read as well.

I can not help you with Windows, I do not use it.

hshah

I am running this on Windows and my filters are really basic.  I have 2 x M3U and 2 x EPG, with the latter being 25MB and 5MB, and xTeVe uses about 15MB of RAM.

5ccb122b870f0_Annotation20190502165045.p

dcol

I see no reason to use XML's if you are using Emby's epg.

But I do have a suggestion. List the mappings without any XML's and just default them all to dummy XML.

Right now if you do not specify at least one XML, you get no mappings

Thanks @@marmei Great work.

Tony B.

I subscribed to your discord community but, as @@dcol says, it's pretty difficult to move around public conversations and your conversation. Getting a chat with your community is not something that is happening in the Android mobile Discord app

Edited by Tony B.