Using XTeVe with Emby

EODCrafter
Go to solution Solved by EODCrafter,

Really, use notepad to edit 1500 channels. Sorry, not reasonable.

Maybe you make it way to complicated, but never mind.

The link I provided you weeks ago, would have saved you lots of time.

EODCrafter
Do I need to leave xteve running for it to schedule an update?

To update the m3u, yes but you will need to map those "new" channels as well. Once it creates the m3u and your happy with it, just link Emby to that file. If your provider adds a new channel you want, run xteve and map that channel as well to activate it, then refresh Emby and add your Gracenote Data.

The one with the Traffic Cone is the m3u...I got VLC as the default for m3u files on Windows....

5c4618afb0b82_Capture.png

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

Emby doesn't automap to a guide. It automaps channels within the guide data you select.

Symantics...I tried a direct tv guide with 80 % same channels but of course different names ect and none "automapped". Those Gracenote guides have weird naming conventions and hardly ever match a IPTV naming schema.

Edited by EODCrafter

Auto mapped about 80% for one IPTV and 0% for my other one. No matter, I will only use Emby for recording, so that is only about 25 channels for me. I use Perfect Player to play the live streams in Android. Easier to switch providers and guides. For me, Emby handles my media library and recording.

Now that I figured out xTeVe, I will no longer need any other paid subscription services, other than IPTV. Thanks to all that helped me with this.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got everything mapped the way I want it but I have an issue with disabled channels enabling again after an XMLTV update. Not every channel does this, just the same 100 or so channels come back enabled every time the XMLTV is updated. Other data in the channel seems to save ok. Yes, I do a save after a change.

How do I permanently disable a channel?

Any suggestions?

This happens if your provider does not support unique IDs for the streams and changes the names of the channels. For xTeVe it will be a new channel and automatically mapped.

post-368909-0-11133800-1548886412_thumb.png

EODCrafter

I got everything mapped the way I want it but I have an issue with disabled channels enabling again after an XMLTV update. Not every channel does this, just the same 100 or so channels come back enabled every time the XMLTV is updated. Other data in the channel seems to save ok. Yes, I do a save after a change.

How do I permanently disable a channel?

Any suggestions?

I just un-tick the  "Active" Box and then Click "Done" then "Save" Does that not work? 

5c52d3c709ac1_Capture.png

5c52d49d2227c_Capture.png

Red = "deactivated" ......

Edited by EODCrafter

I just un-tick the  "Active" Box and then Click "Done" then "Save" Does that not work? 

5c52d3c709ac1_Capture.png

5c52d49d2227c_Capture.png

Red = "deactivated" ......

Did that. As soon as I update the XMLTV, all the saved channels go back 'Green' and reenter the 'XMLTV File' that I previously erased.

Is there a way to fool it, so these channels don't go into the m3u. The filter is not an option since there are too many of them and I already have over 25 items in there.

How often is the XMLTV updated automatically by xTeVe?

I really cannot use xTeVe like this, and frankly don't know why this isn't an issue with everyone.

xTeVe must identify the channels after each update of the M3U files. Since your Privider does not support unique IDs in the M3U, xTeVe takes the name for it, but when it changes (Channel 1 HD -> Channel 1 FHD) it is a new channel for xTeVe, new channels are automatically mapped and activated.

If you remove the XMLTV file, xTeVe checks if the mapping is still correct (tvg-id == channel ID). If it does not exist, the channel is deactivated (xTeVe Log). If you add an XMLTV file again, xTeVe will map the channels again.

xTeVe can only work 100% if your provider supports unique ID's or the channel names do not change. Providers using a Flussonic streaming server usually support this feature.

Most providers use xtream codes as a server, this unfortunately does not support the modern IPTV features (channel ID or M3U8 with bandwidth detection, etc.)
  • Like 1

Does xTeVe auto update the XMLTV, or this a manual operation? If xTeVe doesn't, then I can just leave it as is and just never update the XMLTV.

Then I really cannot use xTeVe with the m3u providers I use unless there is some way around the lack of Unique ID's

If there was a workaround for that, I would have already imitated it in xTeVe.

To find data clearly, IDs are used. No matter if it is bank data or user accounts of Internet services. Only many IPTV providers do not do that.

Any IPTV app that allows you to create favorites has the same problem, as the channel name changes, the favorites are gone too.

• Like 1

I figured out how to do it. If I bulk select all those unwanted channels then select 'xTeVe Dummy' then uncheck the 'Active' it seems to hold that info when you update the XMLTV.  My mistake was selecting the empty 'XMLTV File' option which defaults back to the XMLTV file and enables the channel.

Also, thinking about it some more, I suppose I could use 'Group Title' to achieve the same thing. And just make all the channels dummy then select the ones I want enabled. That way, as an example, use the Group Title 'Emby' for all channels I want to use with the 'group-title=Emby' option in the M3U. That way I would get exactly the Channel list I want in Emby which was the goal.

Spaceboy

Then I really cannot use xTeVe with the m3u providers I use unless there is some way around the lack of Unique ID's

i have a script that downloads the m3u and inserts a unique id. Then xteve picks it up

EODCrafter

Did that. As soon as I update the XMLTV, all the saved channels go back 'Green' and reenter the 'XMLTV File' that I previously erased.

Is there a way to fool it, so these channels don't go into the m3u. The filter is not an option since there are too many of them and I already have over 25 items in there.

How often is the XMLTV updated automatically by xTeVe?

I really cannot use xTeVe like this, and frankly don't know why this isn't an issue with everyone.

That's Strange...I don't have unique ID's and I DO NOT experience this behavior. The Channels I deactivate stay deactivated whether the xmltv file is updated or not. All I do is un-tick active box, select done, then save....It stays deactivated (Bulk deactivate works too ;) ). It has been that way for a month. DO NOT ERASE the xmltv data, just un-tick Active - Done - Save ...... (That was in my initial instructions) Sorry if I wasn't clear enough  :unsure:

(Still "RED" Deactivated a month later)......

5c596284eec2f_Capture.png

Edited by EODCrafter

The issue was I also deleted the XMLTV file in the drop down. When you do that an update re enables the channel. I just use the dummy and that works fine.

• Like 1

EODCrafter

The issue was I also deleted the XMLTV file in the drop down. When you do that an update re enables the channel. I just use the dummy and that works fine.

That's Great if you didn't need the Guide in the 1st Place! If you find that you actually use the Guide, then my instructions will work, also saves time needlessly adding all that Dummy info instead of just simply un-ticking active - done - save ;)

Edited by EODCrafter

• 2 weeks later...
blackboy211

Just want to add my appreciate for xteve. Solved all the current shortcomings in emby live tv. I even have xteve providing updated channel names for live sports events with some PS scripts I wrote . This has completed emby for me

There is so many. I don't even use an antenna I rely on m3u playlists and embys native live tv doesn't even give you a page where it list the channels in its groupings in alphabetical order. The IPTV plugin doesn't accept m3u playlists either. I might give xteve a go.