Using XTeVe with Emby

EODCrafter
Go to solution Solved by EODCrafter,

EODCrafter

The xTeVe M3U export can now also be selected by group title. This makes it possible in Emby to create multiple M3U tuner from xTeVe.
The group titles can be changed in xTeVe (mapping).

Example:

M3U tuner 1: 
http://xteve.ip:port/m3u/xteve.m3u?group-title=group1,group2
M3U tuner 2: 
http://xteve.ip:port/m3u/xteve.m3u?group-title=group3

Not sure if I follow what the use of this would be unless it's just for a HDHR setup which I do not have.

@@marmei I'm using XTeVe with a (1) IPTV Service to add a more manageable Guide and Group Filters to my Live TV. This would benefit someone with Multiple HDHR Tuners?

Edited by EODCrafter

• 1 month later...

Not working for me. No channels in the map channel drop down.

Trying to use PMS with Emby 3.6 beta. How do you use this with PMS?

Any yes, xteve is running

Edited by dcol

• 4 weeks later...
Bevanpfc

The xTeVe M3U export can now also be selected by group title. This makes it possible in Emby to create multiple M3U tuner from xTeVe.
The group titles can be changed in xTeVe (mapping).

Example:

M3U tuner 1: 
http://xteve.ip:port/m3u/xteve.m3u?group-title=group1,group2
M3U tuner 2: 
http://xteve.ip:port/m3u/xteve.m3u?group-title=group3

Thanks ! this just helped me setting up multiple countries with the new Emby/gracenote epg. 

• Like 1

Spaceboy

Just want to add my appreciate for xteve. Solved all the current shortcomings in emby live tv. I even have xteve providing updated channel names for live sports events with some PS scripts I wrote . This has completed emby for me

I am lost with xteve and there isn't any useful documentation. Trying to use the Emby 4.x Gracenote Guide with xteve.

I assume I need to use PMS if I want to use the Emby guide data. The xteve settings states using PMS uses Emby EPG data.

How do I set that up? Do I need a PMS ID? Or is that not relevant?

How do I edit the m3u in xteve to only include the channels I want in Emby using the built-in Gracenote xml data?

Edited by dcol

I am lost with xteve and there isn't any useful documentation. Trying to use the Emby 4.x Gracenote Guide with xteve.

I assume I need to use PMS if I want to use the Emby guide data. The xteve settings states using PMS uses Emby EPG data.

How do I set that up? Do I need a PMS ID? Or is that not relevant?

How do I edit the m3u in xteve to only include the channels I want in Emby using the built-in Gracenote xml data?

Write in detail with screenshots what you already have done in your Xteve setup and point us, in those screenshots, what you don't get configured instead of only stating that you don't get it with Xteve.

That will help us pointing you in the right direction.

Spaceboy

I can give some direction but I’m using an xmltv file from SD via epg123. I’m using 3 lineups from SD to get US UK and Canada epg. I’m not going to BS and say this wasn’t a good deal of effort but, as live tv is why I use emby, it was worth it IMO

Ok, great.

I entered the URL of the IPTV URL stream in xteve playlist. And set the filter to 1 which selected 64 streams from the 235 available

Reading this thread I used the HDHR tuner choice in Emby TV Sources using 192.168.1.2:34400 which is the IP of xteve

Now that did seem to bring in the IPTV streams.

Now, how do I edit the channel list in xteve so Emby only sees the channels I want? See pics below

5c44cc58d3310_xteve1.jpg

5c44cae4db5de_xteve2.jpg

5c44cb2496b38_xteve3.jpg

Edited by dcol

Ok, I will use XEPG, but what do I use for the XMLTV file if I want to use the Emby Gracenote data. Or do I use the supplied IPTV's XML?

I did use the providers XML and deleted the unwanted channels from the filter, changed the Source to the xteve.xml and that works.

PMS also worked but without any editing. Emby took the whole thing.

Not sure how I would use the Emby XML Gracenote EPG if I had to.

Edited by dcol

PMS works without EPG data in xTeVe, since the whole channel management makes Emby or Plex. That's why you can not edit channels. And because the editing of channels in Plex is shitty, XEPG has been developed. How Gracenote is set up, I do not know. I am using the xteve.xml file

I do have an issue using the providers XML as it seems to be missing a lot of channels I want that should be there. Another-words, the providers XML is incomplete, so I need to use Emby's EPG. How do I do that. Anyone know?

And yes the streams are there, just the corresponding XML data is missing from the provider.

Edited by dcol

For missing channels you can use the xTeVe dummy (mapping menu).

Whether you can exchange the channels then in Emby with Gracenote data, I do not know

Based on the info you provided dcol, it seems you only need a plain m3u editor (online or local) or Notepad++ to edit your m3u with only the channels you need.

Why don't you use that and feed Emby your edited m3u, because you said you only wanted to use Emby EPG data.

For now I am using epg123 to get the missing data, but I would like to eventually eliminate all external programs and I won't be able to use epg123 after my SD subscription expires.

Ideally there should be a way for xteve to use Emby's EPG for mapping. Or Emby needs to release their advanced channel mapping.

Next I am going to tackle using multiple m3u's with multiple guides. I am using Windows.

If you are already using SD for the missing data, why don't you prepare multiple m3u's with an m3u editor (or Notepad++) and use Emby to create multiple m3u tuners, each with its own guide provider in Emby (SD or Gracenote).

That should not be complicated or am I missing something ?

EODCrafter

You can Re-Map any channels you want using the "Emby Guide". I use xTeVe exclusively for Guide Data and tried it just to test for you and it took about 4 steps....Of course in xTeVe, in the Mapping Interface, and using XEPG Guide selection, you want to make sure all the channels that you want are "Activated" (Green indicator on left in Mapping Interface) (If you don't want to assign any Guide info in xTeVe, Use the Bulk Edit Feature and assign "Dummy" Guide info to all the channels).

5c45a6624b825_Capture3.png

1) Select +

2) Select Emby guide

3) Select Country and ZipCode

4) Map Channels

5c45a2c9b3aa5_Capture.png

5c45a2d740ff1_Capture1.png

Edited by EODCrafter

If you are already using SD for the missing data, why don't you prepare multiple m3u's with an m3u editor (or Notepad++) and use Emby to create multiple m3u tuners, each with its own guide provider in Emby (SD or Gracenote).

That should not be complicated or am I missing something ?

Really, use notepad to edit 1500 channels. Sorry, not reasonable.

• Like 1

I have successfully mapped 2 M3U's each with unique Group titles. Using the dummy XML is useful adding channels.

I am also going to try again using the providers XML with dummy XML's to fill the gaps.

I would prefer eventually to not have to use any external programs especially online ones. Got burned with iptv-epg.com going down and not returning.

EODCrafter

I have successfully mapped 2 M3U's each with unique Group titles. Using the dummy XML is useful adding channels.

I am also going to try again using the providers XML with dummy XML's to fill the gaps.

I would prefer eventually to not have to use any external programs especially online ones. Got burned with iptv-epg.com going down and not returning.

Let me know how the Emby Guide Plays out. Right now all my Guide Data is external and loaded with xTeVe.

Right off the bat I can't see any way to map a channel using the xmlDummy. The channel name shows a time frame. How do you use this?

EODCrafter

Right off the bat I can't see any way to map a channel using the xmlDummy. The channel name shows a time frame. How do you use this?

If your gonna over ride it with Emby Guide it doesn't matter.

5c46008c6af65_Capture3.png

5c46016a84bac_Capture3.png

Edited by EODCrafter

Ok, I get it. I can set it to anytime period, then map it in Emby with Gracenote. That will eliminate needing epg123 and a subscription to SD.

The bulk edit helps in setting the XMLTV File and ID to all the channels I want. I set the File to xTeVe Dummy and the ID to 120_minutes. Then in Emby, I set the TV Guide Data to Emby Guide Data and use the Dish Satellite data. Then I have to map all the channels that Emby didn't auto map. Done.

Do I need to leave xteve running for it to schedule an update?