Using XTeVe with Emby

EODCrafter
Go to solution Solved by EODCrafter,

Actually it would be the opposite. Adding more layers will just increase complexity and make it more likely to fail.

The new version (1.2.0) of xTeVe is now available, compatible with Emby

What's the url and where do you get the epg?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Solution
EODCrafter

URL: https://xteve.de Discord Developers Help Page xTeVe

I use the EPG from Schedules Direct. With the program epg123 I generate the XMLTV file.

Version 1.2.0 Fixed Everything! Thanks @@marmei! We now Have "Groups" for IPTV in Emby!

5bd58b265ea1c_Screenshotfrom201810280509

Edited by EODCrafter

kanipek

Version 1.2.0 Fixed Everything! Thanks @@marmei! We now Have "Groups" for IPTV in Emby!

5bd58b265ea1c_Screenshotfrom201810280509

Would be really great if you could provide some info on how to do this. Very limited info online.

• Like 1

Would be really great if you could provide some info on how to do this. Very limited info online.

Yes the website has to be revised, but there is a lot of information in the Discord channel.

kanipek

Yes the website has to be revised, but there is a lot of information in the Discord channel.

Yes.

I don't find a how to do it there though.

Can xTeVe be used on a windows installation? A lot of what I am seeing is NAS and UNRAID related.

Can you give us info on how to do this in windows if it is possible? I am searching still on discord....

Yes.

Can xTeVe be used on a windows installation? A lot of what I am seeing is NAS and UNRAID related.

Can you give us info on how to do this in windows if it is possible? I am searching still on discord....

Discord channel #faq. Next to last message is a screencast with Windows.

EODCrafter

Yes.

Windows is Simply Download and Click on it like all "Windows" stuff. What else do you need to know?

kanipek

Yeah. Not so much.

This is not a standard windows program. When you execute it, you get a CMD/DOS window.

The how you actually get it to do anything part. That is what I was trying to find. I was able to figure out most of what I was looking for. Discord for me was not the easiest way to find anything. I did find a link to a YT walk through. That was helpful.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

• Like 2

EODCrafter

Yeah. Not so much.

This is not a standard windows program. When you execute it, you get a CMD/DOS window.

The how you actually get it to do anything part. That is what I was trying to find. I was able to figure out most of what I was looking for. Discord for me was not the easiest way to find anything. I did find a link to a YT walk through. That was helpful.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Agree....You open that little Dos Window, leave it open and doing everything thru the web browser.....lol I wonder how many people actually used DOS.....Back in the Day.

5bd75cd6e5757_Screenshotfrom201810291417

In Emby, This will be a HDHR Tuner IP 192.168.1.114:8080 (or whatever) and the Guide will be the link to the xepg guide as shown above in the Web Browser editor. (This Guide will have all your mapping and filters)

NOTE: This Setup didn't work sometimes...Please see addition Below......

5bd75c36d51d8_Screenshotfrom201810291414

The only drawback to it I have found is it doesn't like m3u8 but If I change my streams to all ts some like AMC (Walking Dead Channel) won't play 1/2 the time.

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

Just Discovered using the m3u link shown above instead of using this as a HDHR Tuner works Perfect! Try that setup instead.....

5bd762d00b123_Screenshotfrom201810291442

Enjoy!

5bd75ef3d4732_Screenshotfrom201810291426

5bd75f8fd9e57_Screenshotfrom201810291428

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

@@Luke

Can you please Rename this Thread to "Using XTeVe with Emby" Instead of now incorrect title I have? TIA

kanipek

Agree....You open that little Dos Window, leave it open and doing everything thru the web browser.....lol I wonder how many people actually used DOS.....Back in the Day.

5bd75cd6e5757_Screenshotfrom201810291417

In Emby, This will be a HDHR Tuner IP 192.168.1.114:8080 (or whatever) and the Guide will be the link to the xepg guide as shown above in the Web Browser editor. (This Guide will have all your mapping and filters)

NOTE: This Setup didn't work sometimes...Please see addition Below......

5bd75c36d51d8_Screenshotfrom201810291414

The only drawback to it I have found is it doesn't like m3u8 but If I change my streams to all ts some like AMC (Walking Dead Channel) won't play 1/2 the time.

If I have multiple HDHR tuners will this provide the capability to actually provide channel management? I am curious because I have a couple of the HDHR-US tuners - which Emby supports but if I use them I get multiple duplicates of all the channels. Also Are you using it with a prime with CableCard? There also seems to be an issue using sub channel numbering - 2.1, 3.2 etc. Just an FYI.

Edited by kanipek

EODCrafter

If I have multiple HDHR tuners will this provide the capability to actually provide channel management? I am curious because I have a couple of the HDHR-US tuners - which Emby supports but if I use them I get multiple duplicates of all the channels. Also Are you using it with a prime with CableCard? 

One other user (Pretty Advanced) said Multiples didn't work. I use a IPTV Service and I discovered that Using the m3u link instead of using this as a HDHR Tuner works best for that. Just expierment and see if it works for you.

You can Open XTeVe in several different Ports and have multiple instances running just like Emby but on Windows this is a little more trickier...You would have to edit the config file that XTeVe creates to do that (ask @@marmei ). In Linux, you just add Port switch I.E. ./xteve -port="8080" at launch.

Edited by EODCrafter

One other user (Pretty Advanced) said Multiples didn't work. I use a IPTV Service and I discovered that Using the m3u link instead of using this as a HDHR Tuner works best for that. Just expierment and see if it works for you.

You can Open XTeVe in several different Ports and have multiple instances running just like Emby but on Windows this is a little more trickier...You would have to edit the config file that XTeVe creates to do that (ask @@marmei ). In Linux, you just add Port switch I.E. ./xteve -port="8080" at launch.

The xTeVe M3U export can now also be selected by group title. This makes it possible in Emby to create multiple M3U tuner from xTeVe.
The group titles can be changed in xTeVe (mapping).

Example:

M3U tuner 1: 
http://xteve.ip:port/m3u/xteve.m3u?group-title=group1,group2
M3U tuner 2: 
http://xteve.ip:port/m3u/xteve.m3u?group-title=group3
  • Like 1