Emby server on Synology DS212j won't Open after Run start

trl106
Go to solution Solved by solabc16,

Hello,

I tried to install the emby server package on my DS212j. The installation seemed to go ok. Then I click on the package to start the server, which also "seems" to go ok. (more on "seems" in a moment....)  And so finally I click on "Open" to start to create my library, etc. but a new Chrome tab opens with the msg "This site can't be reached.....IP address refused to connect.....ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"  (see attached screenshot)

So then if I refresh the DS212 login webpage, showing the installed packages, the Emby Server appears to not be running any longer since "Run" is now present on the Emby icon, instead of "Open"

I've uploaded the sendlogs:

sendlogs_DiskStation_synology_88f6281_212j_20181023T005043UTC.tgz 

Created and attached the diags log:

/var/packages/EmbyServer/scripts/utilities/logs/rundiags_20181023T004503UTC.log 

Please let me know if I can supply any further info to help solve this problem.

post-371373-0-86251200-1540257439_thumb.png

post-371373-0-01369500-1540257450_thumb.png

sendlogs_20181023T004928UTC.log

Edited by trl106

solabc16

Hello @@trl106

Thanks for the logs, I'll take a look now and get back to you.

Best

- James

* I've removed the diags from the above, as the send logs utility sends them across.

• Solution
solabc16

Hello @@trl106

We had resolved this previously, but pulled the update whilst we checked out some compatibility issues.

If you go to Package Center now, you should find update 3.5.3.0-16 is available.

Once you have that installed, let me know how you get on...

Best

- James

• Like 1

Thanks James!....for the quick response with a pkg update. I just downloaded, installed and started the server. All went well with the install, the Server appears to stay running and I am now able to "Open" the app and start to set things up.

I'll post any problems or important updates as I continue to setup Emby for the 1st time. 

Thanks again for the support.  I'm really looking fwd to making this pkg an integral part of my setup!   :D

Regards,

Tom