Server WMC IP name

toch

Ok when i tried to save the new adress ( 1.0.0.28:9080 - controlled against server WMC ) i got this error :

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a periode of time or established connection failed because coonected host has failed to respond 1.0.0.28:9080

krustyreturns

Is that really the lan ip address?  Also I don't know whether it works to append the port number to the address, rather enter the port number in the textbox below the address textbox.

Koleckai Silvestri

That is an invalid LAN IP address. The 1.0.0.0 block is assigned to APNIC and only they have the rights to allocate those IP address. They are primarily allocated to Asian Pacific servers.

Are you sure it isn't 10.0.0.28? The 10.0.0.0 IP Block is reserved for private use networks such a LAN.

I found the number i the server WMC under debug : 1.0.0.28, are there any other places I can find it ?

krustyreturns

127.0.0.1 is a special address that always means the address of the computer you are currently running on, you could also use 'localhost' to achieve the same thing.  BTW, 1.0.0.28 is the version number of the serverwmc assembly, not an ip address.