Albums by Letter shows Artists by Letter?

SmplyUnprdctble
Go to solution Solved by speechles,

SmplyUnprdctble

Roku App:  3.0.111

Server: 3.5.3.0 / Linux

Roku Navigation:  Emby >> Music >> By Letter

The title says "Albums by Letter"

However, what's displayed is Album Artists by letter.  Is this intended?  I was anticipating scrolling through my music to get to a specific album, similar to "Movies by Letter", but at the same time, I can see why the idea of Album Artists would be the default screen.  I'm just confused from the wording.

Also, the aforementioned album is under "Various Artists" (I need to reorganize some of my stuff because that became too much of a catch-some), however, since "Various Artists" has 77 albums, I don't get the full list -- I get the first 25 (this is partly my fault, but I can see some Album Artists having more than 25 albums in my collection soon).  Is there any thought of supporting >25 albums for an artist, or should I start finding a way to separate out artists?

• Solution

You should be using the Emby Beta app for Roku. This will give you the most up to the moment bugfixes/additions as well as let you help us spot issues before it goes to stable. The beta also has some new music functionality you will like. In the beta version you will notice the "by letter" is missing with Music. There are just too many rows in views to do this, and by letter is a clumsy alternative. Eventually these will be #-Z pickers in the poster grid view that lets you bounce around.

If Github were not broken I could fix the issue for you. The albums view should have a visible counter, and it should also have a [show more] button that allows you to enter a full poster grid of all the albums for that artist. I just tried to access Github to apply these changes, and I get unicorns. I will try to submit these either later tonight or tomorrow morning. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

SmplyUnprdctble

I used to use the Beta App for my primary viewing.  I can't remember why I stopped.  I think there was a bug in the beta that interfered with my enjoyment at the time?

You are right, though -- the Beta App looks significantly better for music :D

(I don't normally do music through Emby -- I'll pop up DSub on my phone and stream to my Google Home devices, but sometimes I just want it in one room without pulling out my phone :D Usually while I'm browsing what I want to watch)