Best filebot renaming syntax

hrehuhasdf

hrehuhasdf

Just got filebot. Ran the AMC (automated media center), worked fantastically. I started off with a fresh install of emby. Added my libraries, now all the movies are bring in data from IMDB and the sources for the movie poster. Some of these were working previously, so it has to be the renaming that caused it.

Does anyone have the code/syntax that I should use specifically for emby, when I ran AMC I used the default syntax?

adamstewiegreen

My filebot setting are these:

My tv show settings are: TV Shows/{plex[1]}/{plex[2]}/{plex[3]}

My movie setting are: Volumes/Drive1/{plex}

Emby recognizes those 100% of the time (exception: special editions/director cuts etc...).

Edited by adamstewiegreen

adamstewiegreen

I use this AMC script:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "/Volumes/xxxxx" --action duplicate --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.excludes unsorted=y music=y artwork=y "ut_dir=%F" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L" --filter "age < 7 || 7 < model.age.min()" --def "ut_label=TV"

If you are doing old shows you may want to leave out

--filter "age < 7 || 7 < model.age.min()"

There are some great examples on the filebot forums (as you probably know since you found AMC)

Edited by adamstewiegreen

hrehuhasdf

thanks for the suggestions, the media is not be detected for movies only. TV shows are fine. I looked into the Movie naming guide and it looks like the default AMC naming scheming is using the naming scheme : <Movie Name> (<Year>)

Soo... it looks like my movie naming is correct, but it still fails to retrieve the extra meta data. For example... Arrival (2016), the movie has a thumbnail of a random scene within the movie. So why is emby not picking this movie up? This applies to more than 20 of my movies that meet the recommended movie naming scheme.

VaporTrail

thanks for the suggestions, the media is not be detected for movies only. TV shows are fine. I looked into the Movie naming guide and it looks like the default AMC naming scheming is using the naming scheme : <Movie Name> (<Year>)

Soo... it looks like my movie naming is correct, but it still fails to retrieve the extra meta data. For example... Arrival (2016), the movie has a thumbnail of a random scene within the movie. So why is emby not picking this movie up? This applies to more than 20 of my movies that meet the recommended movie naming scheme.

I use the same movie naming convention <Movie Name> (<Year>), and Emby missed around 20 of my titles as well. Plex & Kodi had the same hit ratio. Use the Identify feature to search by TMDB ID. It worked for me every time.

The ID is the end of the URL. For instance Arrival (2016) is:

329865-arrival
Edited by VaporTrail

RobWayBro

The naming convention I use for Filebot is;

TV shows --- {n} - {s00e00} - {t}  This translates to

SeriesName - S(eason)01E(pisode)01 - EpisodeTitle

Movies --- {n.colon(' - ')} ({y}){' CD'+pi}{subt}

Name (with or without a colon as appropriate) - (YEAR) CD# (for multi disk sets)

As others mentioned, I have had zero issues with my media in Emby using these formats.

hrehuhasdf

Should I submit this as a bug?

I use the same movie naming convention <Movie Name> (<Year>), and Emby missed around 20 of my titles as well. Plex & Kodi had the same hit ratio. Use the Identify feature to search by TMDB ID. It worked for me every time.

The ID is the end of the URL. For instance Arrival (2016) is:

329865-arrival

I don't have code or syntax, but I would suggest using something that organizes based on our supported naming conventions:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie%20naming

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/TV%20naming

Thanks !

VaporTrail

Should I submit this as a bug?

I don't think so. It's still a great hit ratio, and think it comes down to the TMDB missing the match, not Emby.

If you're saving nfo files next to your media, once those that were missed have been manually matched, you won't need to match them again in future if you recompile your library.

I also recommend saving artwork next to media if you're willing to take the small performance hit. I built my first library in Kodi, then rebuilt in Plex, then rebuilt in Emby. This time I wised up and decided if all metadata files are next to movies, I won't have to go through the rematching again.

If you're on Windows, I recommend installing the free program "Files 2 Folder" and moving all movies into their own folders prior to library import (yes, you'd have to delete your current library, choose to add nfo files, select artwork to media drive option, then rescan your library).

Once Files 2 Folder is installed, simply highlight all your movies in a directory > right click > choose Files 2 Folder > choose the 2nd option "Move each file to individual subfolders based on their names". Let it do its thing.

Here's that program if interested: https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Files-2-Folder.shtml

Edited by VaporTrail

Correct, we simply punch the title into the TMDB search engine, so before submitting any reports please make sure to try that. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
ElChupaMatno

Filebot updated to version 5 quite a few months ago and they added some preset formats, such as the ones shown here:

image.png.d3e1cbe190178f1f54954479c0d41189.png

If you look at the "... for PLEX" syntax, it looks something like this:  image.png.0f12a48844f26ad69a3410669ce11818.png

On a hunch, I tried to create a new preset for Emby and I simply swapped the "plex.id" for "emby.id", and HOT DAMN.  image.png.d1d0a7da4e28e15717fb77e0064a0a0f.png

Video Demo here \/

Hope this helps ;)

image.png

Edited by ElChupaMatno
  • Thanks 1