Check for application update failed / Identifying Movies fails

Volkmar
Go to solution Solved by solabc16,

Volkmar

since the server update to Version 3.5.3.0 my DS215j (DSM-Version 6.2.1-23824) is unable to check for application updates and when I try to identify a movie, the result is an empty screen.

The last 1500 lines of the emby server log are attached.

emby.server.log

Edited by Volkmar

Volkmar

I'm afraid that it have to do with the fact that all internet providers (at least I Germany) are switching the connection to IP6

Bruder Torgen

Hi, I had the same problem. My solution was the following:

Connect via SSH on NAS with user 'admin'
sudo -i
<PWD admin>

cd /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/mono/bin
cat /etc/ssl/certs/* >ca-bundle.crt
bash cert-sync ca-bundle.crt
rm ca-bundle.crt

It is a mono and certificate problem as far as I can see
  • Like 1

• Solution
solabc16
Hello @@Volkmar, All

An update is now available for your platform (3.5.3.0-16), please let us know how you get on.

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16

Volkmar

@@solabc16
I already used the solution provided by @Bruder Torgen, so I'm not sure if this update will affect me.

Well, Weekend is short and I needed a very fast solution, sorry.

Thank you anyways.

Edited by Volkmar

Volkmar

Just installing ...

Looks good to me. But as mentioned before, not sure if it's the patch or the other solution.

Edited by Volkmar

solabc16

Hello @@Volkmar

The patch would likely address that particular issue, on a temporary basis - so an ok workaround.

The 3.5.3.0-16 is a permanent fix for this and some other issues which had come to our attention.

Best

- James

Bruder Torgen

Hi, now I have a maybe awkward question :how to install. My server is on 3.5.3.0-1 and thinks it is up to date?! Sorry for my ignorance..

solabc16

Hello Bruder Torgen

We haven't rolled the update out for the 'evansport' based machines yet, but it is on the way - we're being a little cautious, due to the compatibility issue we found with some h/w.

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16

Hallo solabc16,

I'm new to Emby, I just installed the package on 415play, but still have the issues as mentioned. I presume the fix for the 'evansport' based machines is not yet rolled out? Package Center list version N° 3.5.3.0-1.

I can wait for the fix, just would like to have an idea on when i can have a relook at Emby.

Thanks, Patje

Volkmar

I just have installed a different DS215J (DSM 6.2.1-23824 Update 1) without the patch from @Bruder Torgen.

Installed Emby (Version 3.5.3.0-16)

After setting up Emby, installing a library and scanning this library I wanted identify the missing movies. Unfortunately the result screen keeps empty again.

Logfile is attached.

emby.server.log.2410.txt

Edited by Volkmar

I just have installed a different DS215J (DSM 6.2.1-23824 Update 1) without the patch from @Bruder Torgen.

Installed Emby (Version 3.5.3.0-16)

After setting up Emby, installing a library and scanning this library I wanted identify the missing movies. Unfortunately the result screen keeps empty again.

Logfile is attached.

Hi, there's no obvious problem here. Perhaps the identify function just didn't return any results for your search query.

Volkmar

I've tried several movies and search queries. The result screen keeps empty.

Even tried just the word "World" keep the result screen empty.

Edited by Volkmar

solabc16

Hallo solabc16,

I'm new to Emby, I just installed the package on 415play, but still have the issues as mentioned. I presume the fix for the 'evansport' based machines is not yet rolled out? Package Center list version N° 3.5.3.0-1.

I can wait for the fix, just would like to have an idea on when i can have a relook at Emby.

Thanks, Patje

Hello @@patje57

Thanks for getting in touch, it's in testing now - so I'd expect it to be available by the end of the week.

I'll keep you posted...

Best

- James

Volkmar

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Sorry for that.

When I manually try to identify a movie that wasn't identified automatically in this library (clicking on the movie, enter the submenu (the 3 dots), click on identity, enter the search word), the result screen is simply black.

5bd09fd478613_Bildschirmfoto20181024um18

5bd09fedecc60_Bildschirmfoto20181024um18

5bd0a00377599_Bildschirmfoto20181024um18

solabc16

Hello @@Volkmar

Thanks for clarifying, do you experience the same behaviour with other browsers as well?

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16

Volkmar

Yes, just tried with Chrome.

What makes me wonder too is that the libraries don't have their small preview pictures (the small artworks of the libary content).

5bd0a4c9dc20b_Bildschirmfoto20181024um18