My PVR works better with them

Rick1971

Rick1971

I have a NAS and I run Emby for PVR, Live TV and all my ripped DVD and workout videos

But on my Amazon firestick vs my Roku Ultra, I have in the pop up menu the ability to set and toggle series and other settings on my Firestick, but not on my Roku.

Would you guys say the Emby app for the Roku is not as "updated" compaired to the one on the Amazon Fire stick? 

I like my Roku Ultra especially because it has direct plug for ethernet

But this is kinda a deal breaker

Or is this just a Roku issue?

I really want to stick with Roku, but this may make me migrate to Amazon.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I just replied to a post on the Roku forums that sounds eerily familiar to this one. A different username, but perhaps the same person? It must be the same person so I will proceed like it is.

This disparity is actively being worked on. While I cannot give a definite "When?" I can let you know that it will get addressed. There is an issue tracker which contains this very issue. These things do take time. LiveTV is one of the premium features, deserves higher priority, and rightfully so gets it. The month of November will get much better as far as LiveTV is concerned. This much I can promise you. We want you to be happy. I am sorry you are not.

Rick1971

I am not unhappy at all I am very pleased with the software it can always be better but I am not unhappy don't get me wrong

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rick1971

I want to say, I like Emby, but on my Roku it under performes as opposed to how it performs on the Amazon Firestick

and with the new Firestick (with volume controlling remote)

coming out Oct. 31 2018

I am thinking about switching to Amazon Firestick

but either way I am staying with Emby as it fits my needs nicely

I am sorry the title is kinda misleading though

Edited by Rick1971