Question about my Shield hard drive

Jbenderjr
Go to solution Solved by Jbenderjr,

Jbenderjr

Was watching a video on Emby when our power flickered and my Nvidia Shield restarted. Now the Emby Server won’t open. If I open it from the settings apps area it looks like it partially opens because a force close button appears but the Emby Client can’t find the server.

Hi, is any server log file generated?

@@softworkz can you provide the file system path for emby server logs? I will add it to our "how to report a problem" posting. 

Thanks.

On non-rooted devices I'm not even sure whether it is possible to access the files of the app from an external context. I think - no.

@@softworkz Can you please just get him the path so that he can try? Thanks.

Just for completeness - the typical path is: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.emby.embyserver/files/logs

I double checked: 

In case you cannot access it via /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.emby.embyserver/files/logs

you could also try: /storage/self/primary/Android/data/com.emby.embyserver/files/logs

The first one is the canonical path, the second one is a mounted path where you can usually browse all folders in the hierarchy.

• Like 1

EODCrafter

On non-rooted devices I'm not even sure whether it is possible to access the files of the app from an external context. I think - no.

Not True...X-plore app has WiFi connect which accesses very well. (You gotta buy them a Beer.)

5bcc995624534_Capture.png

Edited by EODCrafter

• 2 weeks later...
unhooked

For future reference, on the shield pro if smb is enabled, not sure how this would translate to external drives, but:

\\192.168.0.20\internal\Android\data\com.emby.embyserver\files\logs