please add the proper epg guide

mypanasonic

EODCrafter

Are you asking that the TV Guide be redesigned to Resemble Apple TV? It's not quite clear. That might be some sort of proprietary infringement.

Edited by EODCrafter

mypanasonic

Are you asking that the TV Guide be redesigned to Resemble Apple TV? It's not quite clear. That might be some sort of proprietary infringement.

No sorry, 

currently the appletv doesnt have the grid based timeline as shown above.

which i what i was asking for 

regards

James.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

After we iron out all the issues with the new player, we will be looking at this.

Thanks.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
specsnow

I agree, I'd really like to see the grid view on the Apple TV App. Any ETA on this? I'm happy to beta test any new version you guys might be working on if needed. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
RobbyBobby

We’ve been waiting a long, long time for the Apple TV app to reach some kind of maturity. Not saying it's easy, and in fact the programmer in me agrees with the softly-softly approach taken by the Emby devs on the tvOS platform.

But by golly ... we’ve been waiting a long, long time.

Once the grid is in place, it will be nice to dump the Channels app, which although more responsive than Emby (still), takes me outside the Emby ecosystem, when I’d rather remain in it!

• Like 2

vdatanet

We’ve been waiting a long, long time for the Apple TV app to reach some kind of maturity. Not saying it's easy, and in fact the programmer in me agrees with the softly-softly approach taken by the Emby devs on the tvOS platform.

But by golly ... we’ve been waiting a long, long time.

Once the grid is in place, it will be nice to dump the Channels app, which although more responsive than Emby (still), takes me outside the Emby ecosystem, when I’d rather remain in it!

Emby's development for Apple TV has slowed down too much.

• Like 2

RanmaCanada

Emby's development for Apple TV has slowed down too much.

Well Plex basically abandoned the Apple TV because of how difficult it is to code for it.  I would say just buy a 4k firestick and be done with it.  You have to remember, the team is learning a lot of the programming from scratch, and had to create their own custom app.  They weren't able to use current sources that are GPL like they could with Android/Windows/Linux et al.  Apple is a horrible system to work with, and end users don't see what the dev team goes through.  We may give them hell and complain like crazy, but we need to realize just how difficult their job is to make all of us angry customers, happy.  The only clients that have problems with my server, are Apple TV users.  Android, Roku, web browsers, have no problems, NONE.  Apple users, it's to the point I've told them to just buy a firestick or android box as I am sick and tired of hearing them complain when I know there is nothing wrong with the server, and it's their choice of device that is causing the problem. 

vdatanet

Well Plex basically abandoned the Apple TV because of how difficult it is to code for it.  I would say just buy a 4k firestick and be done with it.  You have to remember, the team is learning a lot of the programming from scratch, and had to create their own custom app.  They weren't able to use current sources that are GPL like they could with Android/Windows/Linux et al.  Apple is a horrible system to work with, and end users don't see what the dev team goes through.  We may give them hell and complain like crazy, but we need to realize just how difficult their job is to make all of us angry customers, happy.  The only clients that have problems with my server, are Apple TV users.  Android, Roku, web browsers, have no problems, NONE.  Apple users, it's to the point I've told them to just buy a firestick or android box as I am sick and tired of hearing them complain when I know there is nothing wrong with the server, and it's their choice of device that is causing the problem. 

That's not true. Plex for Apple TV direct plays virtually all media with math frame rate and dynamic range. The problem is not the Apple TV, the problem is the Emby application for Apple TV.

Edited by vdatanet

Having a Plex Lifetime Pass, Plex's app is being updated on a fairly regular basis. They also have a grid. Their problem is that their LiveTV playback is worse than Emby. Channels blows the doors off both of them. 

RanmaCanada

I also have a Plex lifetime pass, and the Plex app may be getting updated, but all they've been doing is taking away features and refusing to fix the problems that the Emby team takes head on.

I also have a Plex lifetime pass, and the Plex app may be getting updated, but all they've been doing is taking away features and refusing to fix the problems that the Emby team takes head on.

I have noted that several features I used to like appear to have disappeared or become harder to use, but that's not only in the ATV app. It appears to be a philosophical design change that I'm not liking. 

vdatanet

Yes, Plex is now telling users what they think they want, and no longer listening to the community.

I agree, but Plex player for Apple TV has less playback problems than Emby.

• Like 1

RanmaCanada

I agree, but Plex player for Apple TV has less playback problems than Emby.

Only if you have a Plexpass, otherwise features are not available to you, like 4k HDR playback, and TruHD.  Honestly, if you want THE BEST playback experience on Apple TV, people should be using Infuse, and it does have an Emby plugin/support planned (which I see you're happy about)

Yes, Plex is now telling users what they think they want, and no longer listening to the community.

Some Emby users are also experiencing that Emby’s development direction is going to “Your Media, OUR way”...
  • Like 1

RobbyBobby

I’ve had three different Amazon TV devices and the Apple TV is by far a better choice — for me and my household. To be clear: I’m not an angry customer; I was merely stating a fact, namely that the Apple TV platform lags way behind other Emby apps and indeed competitors’ products.

FYI I have Plex and Emby Lifetime Passes, and Plex for Apple TV is way ahead of the Emby tvOS app. BOTH Plex and Emby are way, way behind the Channels app.

But you know what? As a platform, I prefer Emby. I like the ecosystem, I respect the Emby devs, who offer excellent support on these forums. I want the devs to do well and be *the* platform for Apple users, and honest critiques and gentle nudges do no-one any harm.

• Like 2

RanmaCanada

I’ve had three different Amazon TV devices and the Apple TV is by far a better choice — for me and my household. To be clear: I’m not an angry customer; I was merely stating a fact, namely that the Apple TV platform lags way behind other Emby apps and indeed competitors’ products.

FYI I have Plex and Emby Lifetime Passes, and Plex for Apple TV is way ahead of the Emby tvOS app. BOTH Plex and Emby are way, way behind the Channels app.

But you know what? As a platform, I prefer Emby. I like the ecosystem, I respect the Emby devs, who offer excellent support on these forums. I want the devs to do well and be *the* platform for Apple users, and honest critiques and gentle nudges do no-one any harm.

Luke and the team really do an awesome job of handling the insane amount of requests for help that they get (I am one of those people who is probably a PITA for them, admittedly)  They do a far better job of addressing the concerns of the community than Plex does.

• Like 1