Feedback on the Roku App

Jdiesel

Jdiesel

I just wanted to say great job on the Roku App. I have about 5 Roku's on my servers all running the beta app and I have had zero complaints or issues in the last few months. I got around to testing out the one in my own home last night and was impressed with how well everything was working and how snappy it was. Even an issue with direct play of interlaced TV I was having a while back seems to be fixed. 

I'm not using the beta app but does it more closely mimic ShieldTV now? Navigating the LiveTV Guide is much easier on the ShieldTV than on Roku.

Thanks!

Jdiesel

I'm not using the beta app but does it more closely mimic ShieldTV now? Navigating the LiveTV Guide is much easier on the ShieldTV than on Roku.

Thanks!

It is still a bit slow to navigate the guide. FF/RW skip by the page and holding down the arrow button do scroll through the list of items but the fastest way to move through channels is to repeatedly press the arrow buttons. There is a delay when moving to the next page of items.

It does not have the OSD for selecting channels without leaving the existing channel which I am guessing is what you are referring too.

Thanks. It makes me happy that you are happy. Better that your users are happy makes you happy that makes me happy. More time spent happy is a far better experience. All the knowledge used in the fallback/profile is directly learned as I've maintained the old blue neon app. So what you get is the old apps stability, combined with the new apps beauty. The best of both worlds. Everyone is happy. 

Anyone who isn't pleased give us feedback on how/what we should improve. Don't go so much into feature requests as bug reports and overall nagging issues with the ux, playback, or feel of the app. Anywhere it feels clumsy, inadequate, lacking, or just plain wrong would be helpful to know. Realize there is a consistency effort being put forth to make all apps look/feel/behave as closely like each other as possible. Working within this paradigm is how you need to give your feedback. Work with us and we will gladly and politely work with you.

EDIT: and the part about the UX being slow on the button presses. I agree the interim/interval/duration of time waited when you hold down a button is too high. It moves slow from item to item when holding down dpad left/right on all screens. Pressing repeatedly right right right or left left left is much faster. It shouldn't be this way IMO. To hold the dpad to the left or right should be faster movement than repeatedly button mashing.

Edited by speechles

The closer to the AndroidTV App, the better.

In LiveTV, the guide is hard to navigate and is missing the ability to input channel numbers like in the AndroidTV App, for example.

What, exactly, makes it hard to navigate?

Thanks.

In addition to the inability to enter channel numbers directly.. Each set of rows loads slowly and when you scroll to the bottom of the set of rows, there's a waiting period before you can scroll down again.

The interface while playing LiveTV is missing the mini guide and the horizontal "On Now" guide. It also doesn't present anything like "Stats for Nerds" or changing playback settings.

With Silicon Dust Premium TV I need to scroll through all my OTA channes to get to the start of the "Cable" channels which take so long I often give up.

With Silicon Dust Premium TV I need to scroll through all my OTA channes to get to the start of the "Cable" channels which take so long I often give up.

Just FYI - you might benefit by sorting your guide by last played instead of channel number and then the channels you watch most will be right there at the top...

• Like 1